Friday, October 31, 2008

What To Do With A Bowl Of Cut Up Chicken?

I had a bowl of cooked and cut up chicken. It was from chicken that was cooked previously, to make soup. It seems like I am often looking for chicken recipes. This is an entree that my mother would serve her guests at dinner parties. I remember it being one of my favorite meals. She was an amazing cook, and hosted many dinners in our home.These frozen patty shells are baked according to the directions on the box. They take 20 minutes to bake, in a preheated oven. After removing them from the oven, I take off the tops and lay them aside.
This is my version of the recipe, which is only slightly different than hers. In a bowl, add 1 can of cream of chicken, 1/2 cup lt. sour cream, 2 tablespoons white cooking wine, and bag of microwaved Green Giant, Valley Fresh Steamers. Stir together, salt and pepper lightly. Put mixture in pan on the stove, adding the cut up chicken. Cook on medium heat for 15 minutes, or until thoroughly hot. Put cooked patty shells on a plate, spoon the chicken mixture onto shells. I place the patty shell top on the chicken mixture. Sprinkle with minced parsley, add pickled beets, cole slaw or your preference of salad. If you have cut up chicken on hand, this recipe does not take long to prepare. It is one of my husband's favorite recipes.I use these puff pastry patty shells for creamed shrimp, for scrambled eggs and ham and sometimes for desserts, such as filling with blueberry pie filling, fresh blueberries, and topped with whipped cream.







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails