Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A New Twist To Chocolate Chip Cookies

I discovered some new twists to the all-time favorite chocolate cookie recipe. This recipe and the new twists to it, were created by Rebecca Kracke Gordon in the test kitchen of "Southern Living Magazine". One of her ideas, was to add 2 cups of coarsely crushed chocolate covered prezels along with chocolate morsels, to the cookie dough. I never thought of adding chocolate covered pretzels to my cookie dough...what a great idea! Another one of her new twists, was to substitute 1-(12 oz.) package of white chocolate morsels, 1-(6 oz.) package of sweetened dried cranberries and 1 cup of pistachios for chocolate morsels. Another great idea!Here is her original recipe. If you have a favorite chocolate chip recipe that you already use, you can just add the additional ingredients to it. I know for a fact, that many of you have your own amazing recipes for this cookie, because I have tasted some of them. I like taking a favorite recipe and adding new twists to it. The addition is a delicious change.
I did not have time to bake all of the cookies in this recipe today. I took one of my ice cube trays and formed the dough into small balls . I filled this tray and covered it with plastic wrap, slipped it into a freezer bag. I freeze these until needed. Then I place them on a cookie sheet and bake, adding a few extra minutes since they are frozen. Actually, I have given trays of these for hostess gifts. The aroma of chocolate chip cookies baking is one of my favorite. This way I can share that privilege with others, instead of just giving them the already baked cookies(although who would turn them down)?




1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Super tips! The ice cube tray is really smart and to give as hostess gifts- really great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails