Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Dressed Up Ghords

Here is how the ghords looked when they were sitting on my kitchen counter, after being purchased from a huge bin, at a roadside stand last week. They were 5 for a dollar. I chose those with the most unique qualities. In a bowl, I added 2 cups of water and 1/4 cup Elmer's glue, and stirred together to create a milky looking liquid. One at a time I dropped each ghord into the liquid, then removed and sat on an open empty egg container. Immediately, I lightly sprinkled glitter over each ghord. It does not matter which glitter you choose to use. I used some small plastic containers of "Martha Stewart" glitter from the craft department of Walmart. I let them dry for 1/2 hour. I found one of my bowls from my cupboard, and first added some greens, then the glittered ghords, and finally a few orange berries. If the bowl you choose is too deep, you can first crinkle some plastic wrap before adding the ghords.
It seemed to be an easy, inexpensive way to add a Fall touch to my entry way table.
Interestingly, my husband remarked twice about how nice the display looked. He usually does not comment on Fall decorations.

1 comment:

Jeane` said...

aThat is BEAUTIFUL! Love it! And the photography captures the warmth of it well.

Way to go, Dad, for noticing!

Love,
J.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails