Tuesday, February 17, 2009

These Flowers Don't Need Water



Since I have been blogging for almost a year, I am sure some of you have come to realize my true appreciation for photography and for flowers. When the two of them come together as they have many times, I find myself trying to find ways to display them rather than keeping them stored in the "My Pictures" file of my computer. Above, are six gorgeous, up-close photographs of flowers captured by my Uncle's camera and stored in my file. Since" Spring" seems to be just around the corner, I decided to share with you an idea for displaying their beauty. I copied each of the photographs on regular computer paper, into the 4 x 6 inch size.




I took six plastic water bottles from Target.


I cut out each 4 x 6 inch photograph, and glued it on to the uncut end each individual paper, then I cut off the end where the photo had been. I put double sided scotch tape on the two ends of the paper and wrapped it around the plastic water bottle.

I added a bright pink ribbon, cut name tags out of plain white index cards, punched a hole in the top, and tied a drinking straw onto each one. Now I can display the beauty of each of these exquisitely created flowers, whether at one of my casual dinners, at a picnic, a birthday party...however I choose. Whether I choose to use a centerpiece of fresh flowers to compliment these decorated bottles or not, the table will still be brightly decorated . This concept can be used with photos of a loved one, at a birthday party, or photos of any theme you may be using for a party or a picnic. Definitely, an inexpensive, very simple, and quick way to use photographs plus add pizazz to any casual occasion. Just looking at these brilliantly colored flowers makes me so excited for "Spring" and the new growth that will soon begin to break forth.

10 comments:

Stacey said...

Oh my gosh..that's one of the cutest ideas I've ever seen! I actually think I could do this. Thanks...I will remember this one. Wouldn't those be fun to take on a girls trip or something like that?

Tracy said...

What a fantastic idea! I LOVE photography of flowers...what a great use. I also love the suggestion of using a photo of a loved one. (I'm beginning to start an idea list for the wedding shower of my daughter-in-love (to be). This idea is going in there! Thanks Judy! = )

Happy@Home said...

Your flower photos are definitely too pretty to be hidden away in your computer. What a clever idea you have here. I may have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

Elizabeth said...

Good morning Judy, from a fellow coffee lover (maybe adorer is better,is that a word?)!! I would love to be able to share a cup of coffee with you. I only have time for a quick visit, but I had to stop by and see what you've been up to. I've missed visiting with you. I've been so busy with weddings lately I haven't had much time for visiting. I knew you were a kindred spirit from the very first time I visited your blog!!! We seem to have so many things in common. I have lots of similar flower pictures. What a great idea for using them. How about decoupaging them on a serving tray to match? I make customized water bottles too. You could use your bottles for a ladies Bible study, ladies tea/banquet, garden club, etc. Attach a little tag that says, Bloom Where You Are Planted......or Isaiah 40:8 the grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand forever. I did an activity at a ladies gathering once where I asked each lady to pick a flower she thought she was most like and share why she chose it. You get some pretty interesting answers. Well, I'd better get busy. I haven't started working on Caroline's range yet, but hope to soon. I have to locate a nightstand first, but I'll post pictures when I get started. Have a great day!
Your friend,
Elizabeth

Judy said...

What a fun idea! And the flower photos are beautiful. How much nicer than having some company logo on a water bottle...and I like tyour friend's suggestion of adding a Bible vers as well. Thanks for sharing!

Shelley said...

This is a beautiful and fun idea! This would be great as a party favor! Thank you for sharing this!!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea and so pretty! Thank you for sharing with us. What a nice way to brighten up any table. I just can't wait for spring :>)

Wanda said...

I saw Lou's pics on Facebook...you never cease to amaze me at your ability to entertain, Judy! You have a real gift!

lindsey said...

I have really enjoyed looking at your blog, what great photo's and ideas. The food all looks wonderful too. I shall be back again.

LisaShaw said...

Judy, my dear friend. I've missed you. I love this idea and may use it :)

Thank you so much for your prayers and words of love left at my blog for my healing. I'm not there yet but doing a bit better. God is good.

I hope you enjoyed your Valentine with your hubby. Bless you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails