Friday, February 27, 2009

"The Four Ingredient Cookbook" Comes Through Again

This chicken dinner comes from a book that I resort to often, "The New Cooking With 4 Ingredients Cookbook". Now, lately I have been discovering some mighty fine cooks and bakers in my tour of the blogging world, and I do share this recipe with some hesitation, as I am realizing the talent and skills involved in creating many scrumptious looking dishes. This, my dear friends will probably not be a recipe that you grab your pen for. But, on the other hand, it is a very tasty, quick, easy and requested recipe that I use even for dinner guests. I decided to post this dish because you may have limited time, and a mind focused on bigger issues, this evening when it is time to cook dinner.




Here is the simple recipe. I use butter instead of margarine. I bake in a preheated 350 degrees for an hour, so as to not dry out the chicken.
I pound each chicken breast half with a meat tenderizing mallet, before adding the cream cheese, butter and salt.


This Knorr's rice goes well with the chicken. It cooks in 7 minutes and is creamy and delicious. I serve the chicken breast on top of a mound of rice. I add a fresh garden salad, and if desired warm rolls, and dinner is ready. For me this works. I like having friends over, but time is often limited.

12 comments:

Stacey said...

Sounds delicious! I think I will try it tonight. :)

Shelley said...

I love recipes that don't have 20 ingredients that I have to buy! This is a great recipe to post! thanks!

Judy said...

That sounds like a most tasty way to serve chicken...and I will give it a try. I love using the herbed cream cheese...often add it to mashed potatoes. Thanks for sharing.

Happy@Home said...

I'm always looking for new chicken recipes and this one sounds very good. I will be trying it for sure.

I'm so glad I can still read your blog and hope to be able to start posting this weekend. It's taken a little longer than I had hoped. I guess that's what happens when you are at the mercy of others :-)

Have a nice weekend.

Unknown said...

My hubby would seriously love love this chicken. It looks delicious and even better, easy to make. I'll try that soon! Thanks

Tracy said...

Sounds wonderful to me! I've somehow missed hearing about the "Four Ingredient Cookbook." This looks especially tasty. I recently tried the Knorr vegetable rice for the first time...it's really good! Happy Friday my friend! = )

Anonymous said...

Judy this looks so delicious and so easy! I will try it next week. Thank you so much. I hope you have a lovely weekend :>)

LisaShaw said...

O MY MY!! How good it is. I'll have to try this one. Can I some how take a little bite of that back wrapped meat and let you know how it tastes? (smile).

You are such a sweetheart. How's those beautiful grand babies? I pray you and your husband are doing well (healthy and happy) as I know you are.

Sheryl said...

I need to get that cookbook.

This is one of our favorites. Well, it is similar but this recipe is much more simple and would achieve the same results. Thanks so much for sharing it. I need simple and easy for those days that I feel well enough to cook!!

Melanie said...

This looks really good.
I'll have to copy the recipe and give it a try!
Melanie@Bella~Mella

Stacey said...

Judy, I just put your chicken in the oven to bake. While making this I decided that anything with cream cheese and bacon has to be great! Thanks for the recipe.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am making this recipe tonight! Thanks so much for sharing it on your blog! I love easy recipes!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails