Monday, January 27, 2014


Last summer I picked two packs of these adorable little silicone cupcake molds.




You know, the ones you can bake in.


 

One day recently, I was in a local grocery store and I saw that Chiquita had boxes of banana
bread mix in the produce isle.  I thought to myself as I examined the box, that certainly
Chiquita would only share the best mix recipe with us, since bananas are their specialty.
That on top of the fact that the recipe only required 2 ripe bananas, water and an egg, was
enough for me to pick up a box of the mix, knowing that the overly ripe bananas on my
kitchen counter would be the perfect needed ingredient.  I did add 1 teaspoon of vanilla
to the mix, plus 3/4 cup of premium white morsels and 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts.
I filled each small silicone cup with the mix and baked according to instructions.









Look how cute these little guys are!  I will store them in plastic containers and freeze
until Valentine's Day.




For fun I sprinkled some powdered sugar on this one.




Then added a touch of color by placing one of these pretty decorated gourmet
lollipops that I purchased by the checkout at Burlington.

 
I placed it in a clear cellophane bags and
added a small tag.
I froze them until I need a tiny gift that says "I care".

 

 
Cheaper than a card, and tastes much better:)

 
 


Some of them might decorate this way.  I will swirl Cool Whip frosting on the top, and
maybe add a tag like this one, especially if someone I know is going through a difficult time.

By the way, my husband and I both agree that this Chiquita mix is so delicious!  Just in case
you ever see it in the produce isle of your grocery store.




If you don't really care about banana mixes, or silicone tea cups, you just might like this
picture that I received from my daughter recently.  She said, "that her daughter (my grand-
daughter came downstairs in the morning, and told her mother that she is dressed to
go to school."  In her pretend world, she was ready to go.  I am sure this will bring a
smile to your Monday.  A three year old with her own fashion statement.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

7 comments:

Debbie said...

Good morning! I have never seen those little cupcake molds, but how darling are those? Such a sweet idea for a gift...but then you always have such cute and thoughtful ideas. She is adorable in her outfit! haha Enjoy your day!

Judy said...

Those are just too cute...your tea-cup cupcakes! Being simple and delicious as well...is a bonus. Another fun 'little something' from you. Thank-you!

I'm smiling...at your sweet grand ready for school.

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Love it all, the cupcakes,the cute embellishment on top and the mismatched shoes. How cute!!!

Anneliese said...

And why not wear two different shoes? Kids are wearing two different socks as well! I wonder what fashion statements the next generation will bring with it?
They are growing up with more choices than we ever did.
Take those silicone cups... I did not think anything really until I saw how you wrapped them up so cute for a gift! So thoughtful!

Happy@Home said...

So cute... the cupcakes and the dressed up three year old. Made me smile :).
I have never seen the banana bread mix before. Will have to check for it next time I'm in the produce aisle. I did remember to pick up the foot soak product you recommended recently. Can't wait to try it out.

debi said...

Cupcake molds were so adorable....bet they were delicious!

Gotta love what the little girls throw together in terms of an outfit !

Hugs!

Christine said...

You have the BEST ideas for gifts!
Love the Tea Cup gift.

Your grandchildren are fun and adorable.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails