Friday, January 10, 2014


I have always been drawn to the color red.  Tonight, I want to share the Amaryllis that my
friend in Canada, grew.  She sent me this picture and I had to share it's beauty with you.
I tried to grow the flower a few times, and was not successful.  She has been growing
them for years, and as you can see, she is quite successful.  What a lovely way to add
cheer to one's winter décor.


Yesterday, I picked up a bouquet of fresh flowers from the grocery store, and filled my tiny
ball vase creation.  I also added a touch of Valentine décor to the flowers.  It makes me
smile every time I look at it.  Washing the dishes is more fun now.


This is the red and white Quilt of Valor, that some devoted ladies made for our nephew
and his wife.  I shared a quilt with you last summer, made for another nephew.  Both
men served in our United States Military, and both men were presented with these
lovingly made quilts.  At Thanksgiving this quilt was presented to this nephew.  What
a treasure for the young couple.


Of course, the red color of the strawberries and watermelon, always makes any bowl of fresh
fruit more appealing.  Would you agree?
 

I found a clever gift on blog I visited this evening.  I share it with you on this post,
because it's red and white ribbon ties in with the red features of this post.  If you want
to see this great idea for a "Jar of Appreciation", you can visit
http://cottageintheoaks.com/2014/01/jar-appreciation-ble

Sometimes, I find glimpses of beauty in the midst of the ordinary, is a way to lift spirits
and share a smile.  I hope that might do that for you, by you stopping by this cold,
rainy evening.

"What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but it is woven
into the lives of others."    ~Pericles

1 comment:

Judy said...

Beautiful...the reds in the flowers, the quilt, the fruit and the appreciation jar. You have a way of reminding me to look for beauty in the everyday things around me. Thank-you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails