Wednesday, July 18, 2012



The title of this blog certainly does fit each and every post that I share.
I do offer, in the scope of daily life with all of it's many happenings, just a LITTLE something for you.
Those of you who stop by can attest to that fact.

Don't you think this dahlia is beautiful?  My uncle shared the picture he took, with me.  I like it's unique color.

The remainder of this post is about Auntie Anne's pretzels.

 



Recently, I had my granddaughters at the local mall.  As always, the aroma floating from the Auntie Anne's stand caught their attention.  They stood spellbound as they watched the gifted lady behind the glass, do her magic with each soft pretzel creation.





They stared for quite a while, and I must admit I too was impressed with the speed and agility of the ones working at the mall kiosk.   I reminded the girls that I had a "make your own Auntie Anne's At -Home Baking Kit" that I had purchased at the local supermarket a few months ago.





As you can imagine, they did not let me forget that fact.  Recently, we attempted this fun, easy, and delicious challenge.




 
Here the mound of dough rises for 30 minutes, covered totally with plastic wrap.
The word "yeast" usually scares me, but I must admit, this was quite easy and quick.




 
They watched as I took the raised dough and cut pressed it onto my cleaned:), sprayed with Pam kitchen counter.  I cut it into strips as instructed.



 
Then the fun began.  All instructions were easy to understand and simple to follow.
As you can see, they took their chore very seriously.


 



Oh, wouldn't Auntie Anne be so proud of this little girl's first pretzel?  She most certainly was.






One box made 9 big pretzels.  Quite a good price for an Auntie Anne's pretzel.  Not to mention, they tasted sooooo good, with their warm, buttery flavor.

They are excited to give one of their soft pretzels to their older brother, for his 18th birthday today.
We all know he will like it.


 

Soft pretzels that depict their creator's personalities.
Thank you Auntie Anne for providing us with a fun adventure.
I am sure they will never look at one of your pretzels the same again.

Thanks for joining us.  We are constantly trying to find ways to pass time in this unusually HOT, dry summer.  What a different summer than last (summer).

 
"Never get tired of doing little things for others, for those little things occupy the biggest part of their hearts."     ~unknown


 

5 comments:

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

What a great job they did! The pretzels look perfect! Love their sweet little faces :) A very special time with your dear little ones!

Judy said...

What fun! And in the end...a treat for each. A 'little something' they won't forget soon!

lindsey said...

I LOVE this post Judy...the flower is pretty but the following photo's are wonderful. What a great grandma to do baking with the little ones. I am sure my grandchildren would love to make these pretzels....and then eat them! I love the last photo... precious!

Christine said...

Well done!
Look at all those smiles.
But who wouldn't be smiling with yummy looking pretzels like those.

Best and Blessed Grandma!

corners of my life said...

Looks like such fun.
I have read that from day one Auntie Anne's founder gave 10% of her profits to charity.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails