Saturday, July 14, 2012


 

During my very early morning cup of coffee, I made a thrilling discovery.




It was raining.  Rain...what a WONDERFUL gift!  It is so dry in our part of the world.  Hot and dry.  Our lush green grass has turned brown.  The ninety degree tempetures and the hot sun have produced the dryness.  I heard on the news recently that not since 1941 has there been record of so many ninety degree tempeture days in a row.   We needed rain.  We prayed for rain.  So, you can imagine how good it was to sit on the porch and listen to the soft, steady gift of rain.  A gift from heaven.




Thank you God for this special gift to our land. 
My thirsty lawn and flowers are drinking in the rain.  The corn crop on the neighbor's fields are soaking it up.
Seasons of dryness give one a new and deep appreciation, for the gift of rain.

Joy to you this Saturday!

(coffee photo via Google)

9 comments:

Stacey said...

Good Morning! I'm so glad you are getting rain. We've been lucky to have rain every few days here and our temps are ONLY in the 90s. We are happy for that. :)

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

I love rainy days. We've had lots of really HOT weather this past few weeks, but we've been blessed with some rain between.

I can feel the bliss in those photos of those refreshing days.

Christine said...

Soak in the smell of the moisture.
That is one of my favorite smells.
Oh, the flowers. You can almost see them perking up as the rain hits them.

Kathleen said...

Here in the Pacific NW rain is a common feature. There are days when I tire of it, but then I remember to remember how lush is this land because of it.

So glad you've gotten some wet relief. I can almost smell the rain-soaked air & hear the raindrop's symphoney from your porch.

corners of my life said...

Send that rain right on up to western NY when you are finished.

Happy@Home said...

Rain is most definitely a welcome sight after a long period of high heat. We have gotten rain several days this week and I think I heard my lawn and garden say "thank you".

Pondside said...

I'm glad to see that you finally have a little rain - it's such a worry everywhere but here this year.
I enjoyed your previous post very much - such a peaceful scene of the farm buildings.

lindsey said...

I am glad you are enjoying your rain, yesterday and today we have had sunshine that we have so badly wanted, although the sunshine yesterday was where we were and not where we live so I wont shout about it too much :)

Judy said...

I'm so glad you got a refreshing rain...at long last. We had a nice summer rain yesterday as well...welcomed by the farmers but not the campers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails