Monday, July 23, 2012




 In my mind, the peach growing season is way too short.  I look forward to it every year because peaches taste so good to me.
The peaches in our part of the country are so sweet this season.  I waited for the box of peaches that I purchased recently, to ripen for a few days my garage.  When they were nice and ripe...




... I made peach freezer jelly and peach puree'  and put it in the freezer.

I like the little jars with the plastic lids.  I found them in boxes of 8, on the clearance shelves of the local Marshall's store.  I think they will make some pretty little gifts this winter.




Peach shortcake is one of my favorite seasonal desserts.  Since I am cutting back in desserts, but still wanted to eat lots of fresh peaches,  I decided to make my own low calorie version.

I piled some fresh peach slices in a glass bowl.  I whipped up some sugar-free instant vanilla pudding, adding 2 1/8 cups of cold skim milk.  It made the consistency of a vanilla sauce that I drizzled lightly over the peaches. 




I crushed a pack of these Lorna Doone 100 calorie packs of cookies and sprinkled some of them over the top(to try to fool myself into thinking it was shortcake:)
I added a small dollop of lt. Cool Whip.
Really, it tasted delicious to me...not as delicious as my shortcake, but it worked for me.




Peaches and summer flowers make me smile today.




Two pictures captured by my uncle.  I think they are beautiful, so I shared them with you, hoping it will add some joy to your day.

Thank you so much for stopping by today.

7 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh my peaches are DEFINITELY my favorite summer fruit too. Sooo good. Your peach creations look wonderful. I love fresh peach pie too. Hope you had a good day!

Melinda said...

It all sounds good!

M :)

Judy said...

I am a lover of peaches as well...and we have just enjoyed the first few of the season. I'm looking forward to all those peachy-keen delights over the next while. Your peachy recipes all sound great!

Happy@Home said...

We love peaches here too. In fact, last night my husband and I shared a large peach for our dessert. Simple, but so sweet.
You are a smart lady to be enjoying them now and also making them into delicious treats for the colder months. I like how you created a lower calorie version of peach shortcake. What a great idea. I need to try that.

Kathleen said...

Oh drats ... I've been sooo good with my eating of late (and lost 6 pounds), but now I'm hungry. Worse, there's nary a peach in sight. I wonder if chocolate is an OK substitute?

Kelli said...

Your dessert sounds wonderful and very easy to make.

debi said...

Beautiful photos as always....loved catching up with you friend :-)

Hugs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails