Saturday, May 7, 2011



Hi Hon, will you please stop at the farm on your way home from work, and get me two small boxes of strawberries?  The biggest, sweetest, red strawberries, grown in the hot houses on their farm. 




The ingredients needed to make a birthday cake for a dear lady, we are visiting this evening.




The recipe is so easy, quick, moist, and delicious.  You may want to try it yourself.  Unlimited amount of choices to use in putting this cake together.  I used the white cake mix, strawberry ice cream, and 3 eggs.  The recipe is from "chowhound.chow.com/topics"
For my icing choice, I mixed dry some dry strawberry jello with a container of Cool Whip.



One recipe made these cupcakes and ...




...this cake for my friend.  It is a fun shaped cake pan that I have had for a few years.  I added a glass bowl of the strawberries on the plate with the cake.



The few strawberries that were left over, were put in a bowl for my husband.  He said they tasted better than candy.  The cake and cupcakes will be stored in the refrigerator, until ready to be served.  What a fun, quick way to put dessert together.


Lilies-of-the-Valley always remind me of my wonderful Mother.  Everywhere she lives, she plants a garden of these flowers.  I cut some for my powder room.  They smell so good, and remind me of how blessed I am to have my mother in my life.  I think of so many of you in blogland, that do not have that privilege this weekend.  I hurt for my friend today, who just lost her Mother a few weeks ago.  How painful this weekend must be for her.




For all of you friends who visit my blog, I want to extend a wish for you to have a Happy Mother's Day! 
I close with this quote from a lady I will always admire, Ruth Bell Graham;  "As a mother, my job is to take care of the possible, and trust God with the impossible." 

9 comments:

lindsey said...

Cakes look lovely, we dont get the range of cake mixes here in the UK that you have over there and I always envy you for that...also the sale of Coolwhip which we dont get either....shame! I am sure your friends was delighted with your cakes I know I would have been, the strawberries look wonderful!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Oh, Judy the cake looks so good! It is always a joy visiting with you!

Happy Mother's Day wishes :)

Happy@Home said...

Judy,
It seems to me that you are not only a great mother and grandmother, but also a wonderful friend. I have learned so much from you through your blog.
This cake recipe sounds so interesting, easy and delicious. I had never heard of adding melted ice cream to a cake mix. I must give this one a try.
The quote you shared today is so perfect for Mother's Day.
Wishing you a very Happy Mother's Day.

Judy said...

I love that quote by Ruth Bell Graham. So often we must just trust God with all those things a mother can't control!

What a neat idea for 'ice-cream cake'. I plan to try that sometime. And adding flavored gelatin to frozen whipped topping is a great idea as well.

Marty said...

I'm looking forward to trying the variety of possibilities for the cake recipe for my Thursday morning work breakfast. And lily of the valley are one of my favorites - childhood memory for me. Have a delightful Mothers Day. Mothers Day is heartbreaking for those who have lose their mother and for those who long with every fiber of their being to be a mom.

The Redhead Riter said...

Happy Mother's Day to all women - mothers and all those who want to be a mother!

Christine said...

Ummmm...I love your blog!

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

I liked what my son cooked for for Mothers Day brunch, but sure wish it had included your strawberry dish. Think he will take the hint if I email him the recipe?

Melinda said...

Hope you had a great Mother's Day.

Melinda

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails