Saturday, November 8, 2008

Slow-Cooker Chicken Stew

Last evening I put all of the ingredients of this recipe, into my crock pot. The only work involved in this process, was to cut up the chicken breasts and the small red potatoes. I doubled the recipe, so it took a bit more time. Since the recipe calls for 2 hours on high, I switched it to low right before going to sleep. In the morning, here is what I found when I opened up the crock pot. It smelled so good!!! I love my crock pot!

The recipe was in the "A Pinch of This, A Dash of That" cookbook, by "Gooseberry Patch". I made this for our weekend dinner and to take to a friend. I also froze a portion of it, to use for a meal when I am short on time. The Greek seasoning that I used on the cubed chicken was, "Cavender's" all purpose Greek seasoning. I discovered this at a restaurant on vacation, years ago. It has a great flavor, although it must be used lightly, as it can be over-powering. I use it sometimes when I make grilled cheese sandwiches. We like that extra flavor on them, especially when served with tomato soup. This is a perfect Fall comfort meal. I will serve it with crusty whole wheat rolls and a loaf of pumpkin, craisin bread. Just in case you are looking for a "very easy to prepare" meal. Hope you have a relaxing weekend. By the way, if today you happen to need a smile, I know where you can get one. Go to my daughter's blog, "thecoffeecottage.blogspot.com/", and read her latest posting. I am still smiling!


1 comment:

Cathy Cobblestone said...

Hi Judy - what a pleasure to stop by and visit you. It was so incredibly kind of you to leave me such a beautiful comment. That means a great deal to me. I'm glad you enjoy visiting and I'll have to stop by to check out those delicious recipes I glanced at. And your daughter looked to cute as a package - what a clever idea. Thanks again and many blessings to you. Cathy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails