Monday, September 29, 2008

A Few Days of Family Time at the Beach

A coastal storm, high winds, piecing rain...is this what you picture when you think of a stay at the beach in the end of September? No, I must admit, it was not as I had planned. But, it was by all accounts, a joy and a blessing to spend time together, the 11 of us at the beach during the last few days. I took this picture on the boardwalk, at 8:00pm, in wind so strong that I had to brace myself to stand up straight. As you can see, there are not many brave souls strolling the boardThe next morning we all braved the winds and light rain, to walk on the boardwalk and the beach. The waves were higher than I had seen them in a long time. Thanks to the "Meitei"carrier, the newest member of our clan, remained warm, dry and totally comfortable through it all. I cannot tell you how wonderful it was to have our three daughters together again...rain, sun or whatever the weather.
We had the beach to ourselves this morning and the children loved every minute of it. As did the guys surfing in the background.
The storm and the ocean are a powerful combination, reminding us, in a small way what those in the gulf have been dealing with, in the last few weeks. Definitely, a force to be reckoned with. I am going to share with you, a few of the highlights of our stay. A few of the recipes I used in cooking for a crew of 11, and some of the ways we found to pass the time, when the weather turned out to be different than we had thought. For now, the laundry is waiting and many things need my attention.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails