Wednesday, June 18, 2014


Here is where I want to be right now.  I am not sure where it is, but it was sent to me from my
Uncle today.  I want to be sitting here with some fun people, with some iced cold lemonade,
maybe a bowl of popcorn, and lots of uninterrupted hours of talking, laughing and walking
the beach together


But instead... I am home right now.  I just watered the fern at my front door.  I am a bit proud of it,
because it seems to be growing beautifully and that is a rarity for me, really it is!




We just got back from our trip to the airport, to drop off our daughter, son-in-law, and
precious little guy.  "Goodbyes" are so difficult.  In the few days we spent with our
grandson, he has again stolen our hearts, like he did when we were with him at 1 week
old.



The peonies are gone.  The forget-me-nots have shriveled and the pansies seem a bit wilted.
Ninety degree temps do that to Spring flowers, and that is what we have been having lately.

But, I saw that my daisies are almost ready to bloom.  There are lots of buds, and I look
forward to seeing all their smiling faces.  Like wise King Solomon said, "there is a time for
everything."  So, this evening, I am treasuring the memories of our time with loved ones,
and the beauty of flowers that were.


A few yellow flowers for you, just for stopping by.  Thank you!  And, if you recently
said goodbye to someone you love, I feel your sadness tonight.

7 comments:

debi said...

Save me one of those chairs! How fun that would be.

Your newest little guy is adorable..glad you had more time with him.


Hugs!

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

I am feeling those same feelings... pangs of missing the precious love & laughter that our little ones bring, and feeling the quiet house as they left for home.

Anonymous said...

It is very hard to leave the loveable ones. My mom used to say when we all are there in the house she feels happy. When we are leaving she feels so sad to leave her grandchild.

Debbie said...

Good morning! First, I'd LOVE to join you there on the beach..sounds soo good. And second, the fern is GORGEOUS! And I am impressed...I have a HARD time with ferns. And thirdly, do I ever get how hard it is to say goodbye. Every time I leave Mel, and now with those babies it is even HARDER, I feel that way...It takes me a while to work back into being apart. Thank God huh for communication today which allows us to talk soo easily on the phone and through texts, and for those little pics and videos that come too or I'd never make it. Praying for you today! HUGS

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Hi there, I found your blog through Brenda, it's a beautiful life. It would be heavenly to sit in one of those chairs...very peaceful. The littles ones are such a blessings.

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

What a beautiful fern! Ours are really pretty too but it does take a lot of water to keep them flourishing.

Oh, I know how hard it is to say good bye to those we love, especially our children. I'm just so glad that our daughter and her family are only 3 hr. 15 min. now. We're going to run over and see them a week from Monday and we can't believe we don't have to drive 14 hours. Ugh!

Blessings to you!

lindsey said...

Ah Judy I know only too well how you feel. I haven't seen my grandsons in two years and it doesn't get easier and doesn't matter if you have some living close by it's still hard. I also see less if those in the UK now they are at school and have less time to take the 4 hr trip. Your grandchildren are beautiful and I pray your sadness will lift as you look forward to the next visit. Your fern is amazing by the way, you should be proud of it :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails