Tuesday, February 18, 2014



"Don't write your name on the sand, waves will wash it away.

 Don't write your name on the sky, winds may blow it away.

 Write your name in the hearts of people you come in contact with,

 That is where it will stay." 

 ~Unknown


 

Who was the last person who wrote their name on your heart?

For me, it was the elderly gentleman who was bagging the groceries I purchased last week.

The checkout lines were long.

A snowstorm was in the forecast.

People seemed uptight and hurried, complaining why more lanes were not opened.

Quietly, efficiently, and with a smile he filled each bag with groceries.  His sense of humor

and kind words caught my attention.  Suddenly, I refocused from the endless list of things

waiting to be done, that was running through my mind, and I found myself laughing out loud

at his witty comments.  I told him that he was the perfect person for the job, and thanked him

for brightening my day.  I was still chuckling at what he said and the way he said it, as I left

the store.  Even when I discovered that two cars were sitting waiting for my parking space,

eager to see which one would win.  Yes, there are unexpected ways and people that will

"write their names" on our hearts.

Happy Wednesday!



7 comments:

Debbie said...

love this...would be my grands for sure! Hope your week is going well.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Much wisdom in those words. Your sweet grandchildren are looking older. So precious.

debi said...

I Love that you stop and not only noticed but blessed him by telling praising him...

Kids are growing fast!

Hugs!

lindsey said...

This is such a lovely story Judy, I think it's great when I come across someone like that who just makes my day!

Christine said...

I appreciate the way you look at life. You make all of us feel good!
You do for us, what the gentleman did
for you.

Judy said...

Wonderful quote...and thoughts to go with it. The last one to write their name on my heart was a woman who sent me a text this morning that said...'your friendship is a treasure'.

Anneliese said...

What a great way to look at life! This made me think of an airline worker yesterday as she put a smile on people's faces with her comments to move the line along.
I like that quote!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails