Friday, August 28, 2009

A Reason To Celebrate


This past weekend was a memorable weekend at Westpoint. My nephew received his ring after completing his third year at the school. The "Ring Weekend" included many special festivities, the main one being the ceremony to receive their rings. What an honor this was for my nephew. I am so proud of him!!! I have learned many things regarding the rigors of life at Westpoint since he has attended this school. I am amazed at the accomplishments of these guys and girls. They definitely have won my respect through it all.



My handsome nephew is the second one on the left.


Here he is with his beautiful girlfriend, who was honored to share in this important weekend.


Here he is with three of his good friends who also participated in the ceremony. One more year to go. A major accomplishment for this young man.

7 comments:

LisaShaw said...

They are all handsome and congratulations to your nephew and the rest of the men and women.

Indeed a reason to celebrate!

Love you.

Chad, Linds and the Twins said...

What a fun post Aunt Judy, I will have to make sure Ty knows about your blog!! How famous he will be now! :)

Judy said...

A wonderful reason to celebrate! Congratulations to your nephew on his accomplishment.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your nephew and his entire family. That is a great honor. I am so proud of all the men in our country to rise up to the occasion when needed.
QMM

Kathleen said...

What handsome young men! I am so proud of our patriots, especially those that make their way into and through the armed services.

God bless them!

Kathleen

shelia said...

WOW i love the pictures. thanks for sharing...my first stop by, but it won't be my last...thanks

Bethany said...

Congratulations to Tyler! I just love your family Judy, and we of course were also so impressed with Tyler! We love and miss those Hesses terribly!
We have fond memories of the Army vs. Navy football game down in Baltimore...and so many other good times over the 4 years we lived in Lancaster!
thank you for this post!
very cool!
and I love to see him with his cute girlfriend how fun!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails