Wednesday, April 3, 2013

 
 
 
As I was driving home this evening, I was lost in thought.
I was thinking about this blog, and new posts, and the lack of
new and interesting material to share with you all.
 
I thought to myself, should I tell them what I have been up to lately?
 
Then I thought, why would they want to know?
 
I was sure I could make up something quite exciting and off-the-charts in the interesting category, but since I try always to keep this blog real, I knew that would not work.
No, I would share the truth with them, and with that truth, I would tell them that there is really nothing in the world that I would rather be doing at this stage of my life.
And, I knew that after they would see the pictures I shared, they would understand.  I am sure they would.
 

While babysitting this weekend, I can't tell you how many games of hide and seek I played...


Or how many times I counted to ten, and then loudly pronounced that I was coming, ready or not:)  Yes, this was one of her carefully chosen hiding spots.


In the attic we found a box of her mother and aunt's stuffed animal and Beanie Baby collections.
She begged to bring them all down and set them up to watch "Barney" with her.
 
Then she begged to take them all home with her.
I am sure her mother thanks me for saying "no".



Oh, and yes, I also spent time helping to blow bubbles which brought enjoyment for these two special visitors of mine.

So you see, tonight I do share only "a little something for you" because truly that is what I have to share.  You are so kind to keep stopping by.

5 comments:

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

I can't think of anything more beautiful or important than your 'little things'. This was precious Judy!

lindsey said...

I always love seeing photo's of what you are up to with your family...being a grandma is just the best!!

Debbie said...

I ALWAYS enjoy stopping by here! Your "little somethings" are often just what I need! Enjoy your day!

Judy said...

I'm smiling...and identifying on many fronts. I play hide-and-seek often over here...and we blow bubbles as well...and dig out toys from long ago. It's the simple pleasures that are the best ones! Thanks for sharing.

Anneliese said...

Oh that hide and seek game captured like that is so cute!
Contentment is what I read here... so good! Something money can't buy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails