Monday, April 15, 2013



A beautiful Spring day is the perfect time to share a few valuable lessons, with the little ones who are in your care.
 
 
I told her to, "notice the tiny things in life, the things that are easy to ignore, to walk by and never see." 
I showed her that everywhere around her, these pretty little violets are showing their faces. 
 
 
She bent down and inspected her new find.
As we walked down the trail, she was delighted to see how many violets she could find. 
Note to self..."don't ever loose the wonder of it all".
 
 
 
I told her, "that no matter how busy you get in the playground world, take time for your brother."  "Let him know every once in a while, that you love him, and that he is important to you."
 


"That no matter how insurmountable the steps ahead of you may look, simply take one step at a time."  "You can do it, really you can!"


I reminded her, that having that grandpas are wonderful, especially when they take time to do things you just love to do.



I taught her what Forsythia is, and that it only blooms in the Spring of the year.  I let her pick some of it's pretty branches.


And I reminded her, that she can always bless someone's day(especially her mother), if she picks a few flowers to give to her.  I told her that, "everyone likes to receive a bouquet of flowers."  She took it all so seriously.



And I told her, "that if flowers don't work to lift someone's spirits, that singing to them might just do it."  With her whole little heart, she sang to her brother the song, "You Are My Sunshine".  She did not know, but these reminders were as important to me, as they were for her.  How often I forget the truths that I was trying to relay to her(except maybe the singing one:)

Oh the joys of a young, teachable spirit.  Oh the privilege of spending moments of relaxed time with these little ones, on a lovely Saturday afternoon of babysitting.

That's it for now.  Lots to do on this Monday.

6 comments:

Stacey said...

So precious. I love that she sang to her brother. How sweet.

Debbie said...

Loved this as always! You take such beautiful pictures. You have inspired me to work on my camera this week and figure out what in the world I am doing wrong. Enjoy your day!

Judy said...

Such good lessons...such precious pictures! And what are those beautiful, frilly blooms in your first photo? Just amazing!

Just a little something from Judy said...

Judy, I think it is a cherry blossom tree. It is a big tree in our daughter's front lawn and it most beautiful!

lindsey said...

Your beautiful photo's capture your time together so songs to well and your and how sweet to sing songs to her little brother :)

Anneliese said...

Beautiful lessons for life! Grandparents can leave such lasting memories!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails