Tuesday, October 29, 2013



What to do with some ripe, beautiful Gala apples that I found in my refrigerator, and an extra bag of chopped walnuts?

I found a recipe for "apple-walnut bread" that I wanted to try.  Yes, there are so many delicious looking recipes in the blog world, and at times I find it a bit frustrating to try and decide which one
to use.  I will use this one again. 


 
 
I cut up the apples and mixed them with brown sugar and cinnamon.
The recipe says to cut them fine, but I like bigger pieces of apple in
my quick breads.
 




I have a mold that includes four little shaped bundt pans in it. Hence, this recipe created four unique
loaves of apple-walnut bread.  Yummy apple-walnut bread!



Each loaf has light texture and slightly sweet taste.  Serve it warmed, and add a bit of butter to the slices.
Make sure to grab a cup of hot coffee or tea to go with it.

If you find yourself with extra apples and some walnuts, you may want to visit http://debbie-debbiedoos.com/2013/09 apple-walnut-bread . An easy to make recipe. 




To make my day even better, look what I discovered on an old wooden fence by
the side of the road today.  Pink roses, that despite the freeze warnings we have had
here lately, were still showing their pretty faces to everyone passing by.
Sure added a smile to my day.
 
Apples and roses...what could be better?
 
Oh, and thankful that you stopped by to enjoy them also.
 
 

6 comments:

Stacey said...

Not much could be better unless maybe there was a cup of coffee to go with it. :)

debi said...

Oh the bread looks great, love the little pans too.
My favorite part of the post was the roses and the old fence!

Hugs!!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Apple bread is delicious, and I like how yours looked baked in those pretty molds, Judy!

Happy@Home said...

This recipe sounds delicious and I like the pans you used. That sure does take an ordinary loaf up a notch.
Thanks for sharing.

Jeane` said...

Yum! Delicious looking recipe. Thanks for sharing!!

Judy said...

Yum! I could use a piece of your apple bread right about now...with a good cup of coffee.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails