Monday, June 18, 2012

It has been so long since I last posted, that I almost forgot how to:)  So often I find myself questioning why I am continuing to blog.  My son-in-law asked me last week, " how long does the average blogger continue to blog?"  I didn't have the answer to that, but I told him I often question it all myself, but that I have made many friends and continue to learn so much from visiting blogs, that I just can't give it all up, yet.  So, for now, I am back.


This past weekend we had the privilege of spending three days with our extended family.
It is a tradition for us to head to the mountains together each June.

 


It is a big group of people that we love, and we have time to relax and be together.
Water and mountains are the perfect combination for getting away from our busy, everyday lives.
The weather was exceptional and for that we were so grateful.


 

 
Sunsets were breathtaking, especially over the lake.

 

My husband and I treasured the minutes of being together without busy schedules.



 
On Saturday, our daughter and her family joined us for the day.
We spent time with the grandchildren in the indoor and outdoor swimming pools and playgrounds.

Here they were ready to enter the lodge for dinner.
What a treat for us to get to spend time with them.

 


 
Summer arrives in three days, but according to this little one, it's already here.
Summer and watermelon are synonymous.


 
I want to thank my dear youngest sister for once again sharing her photography with me.

Thank you for coming by again after such a long break.

6 comments:

NanaNor's said...

Hi Judy, I'm so glad you haven't quit blogging; you've got so much to share with us but I do understand what you mean. There are days when I wonder what in the world I have to say. Loved seeing the photos of your time away and your granddaughter is so precious as is your daughter and her family. You and your hubby look so happy!
Have a great evening.
Hugs,Noreen

Happy@Home said...

So nice that you were able to get away and spend quality time with your family. Your littlest visitors look so cute and, no doubt, added a lot of joy and happiness to the trip.
I hope the day never comes that you are no longer able to blog. I would miss you very much. However, if it came time for that I would understand.

BARBIE said...

Nice to hear from you Judy! Looks like a wonderful time spent with your family in the mountains. Must have been so fun to spend time with your grandchildren.

Christine said...

Judy,
I look at blogging as a open book for my grandchildren. I always wanted to know what my Grandma did, who she was, why she did what she did. That is why I started blogging. But along the way came so much more.

Thank you for coming back.

Judy said...

Glad you are back, Judy...after what looks like a wonderful get-away! Glad you had sunshine and watermelon...good times and good frineds...and family to share your getaway with!

Kathleen said...

Don't you dare even consider moving out of cyberspace! Where would I get my dose of a "little something" from the lovely, creative side of life?

You profile says it well: "My prayer is that in some way, what I have learned in my life's journey, through experiences, reading, friendships and classes, will be a help to you in your life's journey."

Is does.

Hugs,
Kathleen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails