Friday, October 2, 2009

The "Wonder Girl"


The last two days these precious little ones have been here, giving their mother a much needed break. Trust me, it was MUCH needed.




They had lots of fun, and lots of energy to go with that fun.



They are very creative in their fun, and I find myself intriqued by their orginality in using their imagination. Yes, I did keep after them, although I cannot think what the responsibility involves for my daughter who is soon ready to deliver twins. How does she do it???



So quickly we go from laughter, to tears. So quickly we go from peacefully playing and sharing, to an all out battle. So quickly from being fed to being hungry again. And, so quickly their baths are completed, and then are needed once again.




Thank goodness I am not any older than I am, and thank goodness for health and stamina that I still have, and which is much needed for my grandparenting role.

My youngest daughter showed me the birthday card that she purchased for her boyfriend's mother. I just must share it at this point, because I cannot help but thinking that some of you in blogland just might be able to relate to it. I felt like I had written it.

On the outside of the card it said, "Happy Birthday, Wonder Girl." Inside it said,

"As in,

I wonder where I put my glasses?

I wonder where I parked my car?

I wonder why boys call me "ma'am?"

I wonder if I paid that bill?

I wonder when that appointment is?

I wonder why I everything hurts?

I wonder why it's so hot in here?

I wonder why it's so cold in here?

I wonder why I said that?

I wonder if I locked the door?

I wonder what the speed limit is?

I wonder what that policeman wants?

I wonder if I should buy that?

I wonder if I should have another piece of cake?

(Yes to those last two, after all it's your Birthday, remember?)

Happy Birthday, Wonder Girl!(I know his mother will like this card)

As for all of us, we are still waiting, and yes, I look forward to having these dear little ones come again real soon...because after all, I am a "wonder girl".

Wishing you all special days on this first weekend of October!

ps. the bouquet of daisies, pictured on the top right of the blog, is the last bouquet of the season, of "Becky" daisies that I had blogged about in June. I am surprised that they are still in bloom.

11 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

I KNOW how you feel. I am 52 and so very thankful for my energy and stamina....'cause I love playing with the babies!!!!!!!!! By the way, you look great!

Happy@Home said...

I am sitting here thinking how fun it looks to spend time with those little cuties. Although I do remember how much energy it takes. I am sure your daughter greatly appreciated a little break as she is preparing to add 2 more precious little ones to her family.

I got a kick out of the birthday card. I can definitely relate to it. LOL


Have a wonderful weekend.

Tracy said...

What a wonderful Grandmother you are. I'm sure your daughter feels incredibly blessed to have your help. Love the card you shared. Praying for your daughter and those precious little babies who will soon make their entrance into the world. My sister had twins 11 years ago...what an exciting time!

Those daisies are still beautiful! (I love the way that photo changes.) = )

Judy said...

I'm smiling...and cutting & pasting the poem! I can identify...and I know exactly who I am sending it to. We can laugh together.

Your daughter is blessed to have a grammy who can take over & give her a break. I wish her all the best...and look forward to hearing the good news!

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

You are so precious for doing that!! I didn't have that, and I nearly pulled my own hair out during that phase of life.

I'm sure you are a huge blessing as a grandmother!!

cherry said...

The grandbabes are adorable...and you girl..are gorgeous!

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

What a beautiful family! How blessed! You look wonderful too!

Kathleen said...

It's amazing how deep is the love of a grandmother. While they wear us out, they also act as a tonic for keeping us young. I love seeing the world through their eyes; they see everything so crystal clear!

Blessings, friend. Thank you for your warm greetings always.

From Germany,
Kathleen the Adventuress

Anonymous said...

what a great mommie you are! I wish someone would give me a break sometimes but my mama still works full time! You certainly blessed your daughter!

Anonymous said...

You are so right about being fit to take care of the grands. My oldest is 30 and the youngest is 10. I did good for a few years but the last 10 is saw myself seeping away. I love when they just come and sit and talk to me now. Hope things go good with the twins.
QMM

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I can so relate to this! When I was visiting my son and daughter-in-law I was so exhausted each night from carring my grandson around their house, and up and down the stairs, and from playing on the floor with him. It was a very happy exhaustion! :-)

Your grands are all adorable and you look great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails