Sunday, April 26, 2009

The First Ride Of The Season



My husband and I have been riding motorcycle for many years together. In fact, I know we would both say it is one of our favorite ways to spend time together. Saturday evening was the first ride of the Spring season for the two of us(and yes, we always wear helmets). I have started carrying my husband's Cool Pix camera with me, capturing some of the exquisite beauty that I behold, from my back seat location. Sometimes, I am simply too in awe at the sights I see to even think of using the camera. Other times, I hold the camera up and just start snapping. I want to share a few of these pictures with you.



On leisurely rides like last evenings, we take mostly scenic, country roads in the farmland.



We had a destination in mind, arriving at our son-in-law and daughter's home for a cook-out at 5:00.











The joy of spending time with them is evident in these pictures. They love us, helmet hair and all.


For the children, it had approached bath time and then off to bed. We said our good-byes, and headed for home.


Slowly the sun was setting bringing with it another set of indescribable beauty.




As the sun set, we rode into our driveway, ending our first ride of the season, and so thankful for all of the sights and sounds of an enjoyable ride together.





















11 comments:

Melanie said...

Your motorcycle rides sound romantic to me.
Great pics!
Melanie@Bella~Mella

Judy said...

Oh what fun...and what beautiful scenery. And having a prize (grands and good food) awaiting at the other end would make it all the better!

I've seen a lot of motorbikes out and about this past week...and a number at the church service this morning.

Lovella ♥ said...

This could very well be my post. .but we haven't had our first ride of the season yet. .there have been brave souls riding by but . . .I prefer to feel warm without being on the bike before heading out. . I do have my trusty vest that plugs in. .so maybe soon we'll be out on our bike too.

Anonymous said...

This would be fun to do. The scenery is just beautiful ♥

Marty said...

My husband doesn't have his cycle any longer but I always loved the sights and sounds...and most times the smells. I loved to feel the drastic temperature changes from top of the hill to the bottom of dip. Thanks for sharing your ride with us.

Shelley said...

You and your husband are fun! Loved these photos of the scenery and of course those smiling photos of your beautiful grandchildren!

LisaShaw said...

Wow I didn't know you rode on a motorcycle! I never have but I'm glad it's something special you both enjoy. I so love the photos as always. They are beautiful.

I pray you are well dear friend. I'm trying to catch up with everyone.

Love you much and thank you for your love and prayers.

Barb said...

Hi Judy, I can't wait to show this to Ron!! He has a motorcycle and is always asking me to ride.

I have a little but I am afraid of it. Wait till he sees this!!!

Barb

Sheryl said...

oh and you're a biker chick too!! wow, i love ya even more.

looks like it was a wonderful ride.

Tracy said...

What a wonderful way to admire the scenery and what a fun destination! = )

Anonymous said...

My family and I used to live in New Providence PA near Lancaster. The scenery there in the farmlands with the Amish folks is so beautiful beyond words! The photos you took are beautiful, thanks for sharing:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails