Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Beside The Peaceful Stream






It was quiet, peaceful, and serene as I stopped by the stream for a few moments this week. My schedule was full, my list was long, and my mind was contemplating all that needed to be taken care of. As I stopped beside this quiet country stream in the warm sunshine, with only the sound of rippling water, I was reminded of Psalms 23..."The Lord is my shepherd, I have all that I need. He lets me rest in green meadows, He leads me beside peaceful streams. He renews my strength." Life is demanding. We are constantly being bombarded with information, news events, financial happenings, friends needing comfort...the list is long, and our minds are on overload at times. The few moments of peace and quiet were refreshing to me. My strength was renewed.




7 comments:

Stacey said...

Sometimes it just takes small things to renew us. Thanks for the reminder. Beautiful post.

lindsey said...

Beautiful photo's, I was right there with you!

Shelley said...

The photos and your words were beautiful! I always find my peace in nature.

Judy said...

A timely reminder...to be still...and be refreshed!

Happy@Home said...

Beautiful post, Judy. I love streams and that looks like a very pretty and peaceful one.
Enjoy today.

Tracy said...

There is nothing like taking a few moments of quiet (especially outside) to calm our spirit. So important even when we don't feel we have the time to do so. Thank you for sharing these beautiful photos. Gave me a peaceful moment of my own. = )

Blessings,
Tracy

Anonymous said...

I love to go to quiet places like this. Beautiful post! Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails