Monday, March 20, 2017

 

Good Morning Blogging Friends!

Good Morning Spring 2017!

Good Morning to the beautiful, radiant sunshine!

Today, I am so thankful for the Springtime of the year!  Brand new growth, and especially
fun for me this year, as I see what it is that appears in the flower beds outside.  The
couple that previously lived here for many years, took such good care of all the planting
areas surrounding this home.  We both look forward to enjoying their many years
of those labors of love.

Today, I walked into the foyer area of our home, and look what I was greeted with...


I just had to share the beauty with you.  Glorious, brilliant sunshine, streaming through the
dining room sheers, and into the foyer.  Made me so happy, and so thankful!  It reminded
me of how much I like "light", in whatever form I find it.  I thought maybe I would share
a few of the ways I do lighting here in our home, although none of those ways compare
to the light I encountered here today!  Thank you God, for sharing that with me, and the
world today!


My corner kitchen counter vignette, made more beautiful by the pretty Spring bouquet
that a dear friend dropped off on Friday.  The "Gooseberry Company", adds lovely
colored, seasonal pictures in their cookbook, which adds more color to my kitchen.
I really enjoy dressing up the somewhat dark corner of my kitchen counter, with
light and flowers.  Just makes me happy!


On my list of past times that I enjoy, it would be browsing in consignment furniture
and gift shops.  Recently, I found this perfectly colored Tiffany lamp.  It looks
so nice in my one guest bedroom!  Wouldn't you agree?



There is a good sized window in front of my kitchen sink, and I also like adding bits
and pieces to the wooden window sill.  This vignette makes me smile every time I
wash dishes.  Special reminders of people who shared these pieces with me, and
that Spring is here to stay for a while.


This lit, white church picture in my guest powder room, is one of my favorite ways
to share light in my "new" home.  When I flip the switch, I like how all the tiny
candles in the church windows, light up the powder room wall.


The "old" vintage style lantern with it's vintage style bulb, adds a special
ambience to the master bathroom.  It is actually an outdoor lantern, but I
choose to use it inside.  When I saw it at Lowe's Store, I just knew it was
what I wanted for the wall between the two mirrored medicine cabinets.


So much of my décor involves wood and crystal.  Here on our bedroom bureau, I
placed my lovely old crystal bowl.  I placed three white lace covered balls, and
a tiny wire string of pin lights.  When I flip the tiny switch at the bottom of the
bowl, I love how the lights add soft, warm lighting to the wooden surface,
especially as it reflects in the mirror.


Of course, I always like real candlelight!  Here, on the coffee buffet area of my
kitchen, I like the design the glass globe casts, when the candle is lit.  It is a
cozy, pretty way to light up the old wooden cabinet.


The big glass canister from the kitchen section of "Walmart", filled with two
styles of colored globe string lights, from the "Big Lot's Store", add a fun,
colorful way to light the grandchildren's bedroom!  I took the two plugs
out of the back, and held it in place with the glass lid, and plugged it in
behind the small bedside table.  I wish you could see the pretty way this
lights up their room.

Wishing you nuggets of joy and light, as you face another Monday morning!

Thank you for stopping by, even after such a long blogging break.

4 comments:

Christine said...

Ahhh, Yes... Spring!

JD/ Jill said...

Your "pics" are lovely! I enjoyed my visit!

corners of my life said...

You are doing well at "making a home" . . .

Judy said...

Pansies spell spring! Your decor ideas are lovely.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails