Friday, August 31, 2012

 
 
We spent some time at the park this week.
We are enjoying the last few weeks of the summer.
 
 

 
 
It is a rare happening that the two of us get to spend some uninterrupted time together.
 
I loved watching her carefree spirit and curiosity.
 



The fountains, the weeping willow trees, and the playground were the perfect setting.
As she climbed the steps and then slid down the slide, I was sitting thinking about my girls and their school years.  One thought that I was entertaining in my mind, was the fact that organization is one of the key factors in creating a less stressful school year.


 
 
I thought about one of the organizational tips that I used the last two years of their schooling, and how it helped me alleviate stress in my life.
Such a simple solution, and I found myself wondering why I had not thought of it before.
Since our daughter will be having five in elementary school at one time in the not to distant future, I knew I wanted to share the solution with her.
 
I purchased a plain, white plastic notebook, along with a package of insertable plastic dividers, and a package of clear sheet protectors.
I proceeded to decorate the front, back and inside cover of the notebook, using magazine pictures and various stickers.  I used vintage style to go with her kitchen decor.
 
 

 
 
I shared with her, how helpful the clear plastic protectors were in storing important info.
For some reason, I remember clearly the girls bringing home many papers during their school years, and how easily they got missplaced.
When I used this method, I always knew where  to find every paper.
 
 


One of many, simple organizing tips in the blogging world, and if it helps someone have a less hectic school year, than it is worth my sharing it. 
Any day is the perfect time to begin organizing your life.

Happy Friday!


2 comments:

lindsey said...

This is a great idea and I think I may just look out for the same items to make one for my daughter who's twins should be starting school next week. I say 'should' because she is still debating as to if she should send them now or home school for a bit first...me? I'm keeping out of the debate :)

Just a little something from Judy said...

Lindsey, you are a wise lady! Learning to stay out of debates unless asked, is a sign of true wisdom, although it is most difficult at times, as you and I both know:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails