Saturday, June 11, 2011


On a rainy Saturday morning, it seemed appropriate to share these pictures I received recently, from my photographer uncle.  He and his wife are visiting their newly married daughter and son-in-law in the beautiful state of Colorado.  The pictures were too spectacular to just store in my computer, so I decided to share some of them with you, if you have time today.









"Dear Lord, grant me the grace of wonder.  Surprise me, amaze me, awe me in every crevice of Your universe...Each day enrapture me with Your marvelous things without number.  I do not ask to see the reason for it all; I ask only to share the wonder of it all."     ~Abraham Joshua Heschel

In light of all the daily life headlines and news bulletins, I find this captured natural beauty so refreshing.  What about you?






















"Loving Creator, help me reawaken my childlike sense of wonder at the delights of Your world!"  ~Marilyn Morgan Helleberg
























"Today is unique!  It has never occured before, and it will never be repeated.  At midnight it will end, quietly, suddenly, totally.  Forever.  But the hours between now and then are opportunities with eternal possibilities."    ~Charles R. Swindoll

Thank you dear uncle!  Enjoy your time in that exquisitely beautiful state! 
Thank you blogging friends for stopping by my little corner of the world.  Enjoy the gift of today!

9 comments:

NanaNor's said...

Hi Judy, Thank you for sharing these pics with us-although I recognize some of the views of the mountains(we live in Colorado)I don't recognize the top photo.
I love your quotes-I think I will copy them for my own recollection.
Have a blessed weekend.
Noreen

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Wondrous beauty and inspiring quotes :)

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Wow... it's days and photos like these that sure makes a person GLAD to be alive in our beautiful world!

Christine said...

I always enjoy your Uncle's photographs.
What kind of camera does he use?
Unbelievable pictures of the Humming Bird.

Just a little something from Judy said...

Christine,
My uncle's camera is a Canon SX30. He likes it.

Judy said...

Thanks for the reminder that every day is a gift! Lovely photos.

Melinda said...

Such pretty pictures.
Colorado is beautiful.


Melinda

Cynthia's Cottage Design said...

Hi Judy,

I love that quote about "today is unique", I'm going to borrow it :) And what gorgeous pictures too! It was a perfect way to start my morning! Hope all is well with you!! That humming bird picture is amazing!

Wishing you a beautiful start to summer sweetie! Big hugs! Cynthia xo

Kathleen said...

Love the photos! Love the quotes!

Colorado is truly a magical place. The best of nature's vanity (if there is such a thing) is demonstrated there. WA State is similar, but it can't compete with Colorado's dryer climes.

I love that God surprises us with such vast beauty.

Hugs,
Kathleen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails