Friday, June 3, 2011

" Change" is everywhere and so much a part of our daily lives.  Sometimes it comes along gradually and at other times it comes on so suddenly that it catches one totally off guard.  Maybe it is my age, but it is so interesting the many changes I see taking place in life.  Funny thing is,  I clearly remember sitting and talking to my Grandma at her nursing home, about this very thing.  She would share a list of the many changes she experienced in her lifetime, and I would sit there listening, but not able to identify with what she was saying.  Now...I am seeing it for myself on many sides.  A simple, but visible sign of this very thing, took place in nature, on a recent Sunday evening.  We were on our way to a family event.  The evening weather was picture perfect.  The scenery was equally beautiful, on the quiet, country roads where we traveled.










We came to a very old metal bridge, on a narrow farm road.  It was a quaint, historic bridge and the scenery was  exceptional.  We stopped in the middle of the bridge (at my request) to take these pictures.  Truly, it was a most peaceful, relaxing moment.



The only noise heard was the rippling water and the birds singing.  I wanted to spend the next few hours just soaking it all in, the peace, quiet, and beauty.  Of course, that was not possible, but even now as I do this post, I remember clearly those moments.




I captured this picture on the floor of the metal bridge.  Rarely, does one have the privilege of driving over a bridge with an open floor, as this one had.   Upon arriving at our destination, we entered the church fellowship hall for a fun family event.  A few brief hours later, we walked out of the church to this scene.  What drastic weather changes in a brief amount of time.





How quickly everything had changed.  The ominious sky was lit only by the streaks of lightening.





Before I know it, I will be sitting in my rocker at the retirement home telling my dear granddaughters about all the many changes I have seen in my lifetime, and perhaps they too will roll their eyes.  Yes, what goes around does comes around.   Wishing each of you a good weekend!

8 comments:

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

I find myself hoping that all the changes we experience over our life time are for the better and best. My dad still goes on about how a candy bar used to cost a nickel back in the day, but back then a watch cost a fortune and today little kids get one at the dollar store. Praying that God will remind me to speak of the good changes and hold back on the bad.

Stacey said...

You are very right about that. At 47 there are many things about life already that make me think I'm not quite keeping up. It's a challenge, for sure. :)

Your photos are beautiful!

Christine said...

Sometimes "Change" is hard to do. Those that come gradually are the ones I like best.
What an afternoon you had! Starting out so tranquil and ending up intense.
Great pictures!

lindsey said...

Lovely photo's, those top two could have been taken in the UK! Yes so many changes and when I look back to TV shows/news etc that were filmed when I was young they look ANCIENT! Am I really as old as that? Of course there are those things that never change including God's everlasting love.
Have a great Sunday!

LisaShaw said...

Your Grandma and mine were so right... she would share stories with me as well that at times I couldn't grasp the fullness of the way I can now. For me it was the beauty, growth and stillness of flowers which Grandma loved. She could get lost in flowers literally. :) She had a heart for the tenderness and beauty of God found in this awesome, tiny and tender creation called flower.

Beautiful photos and heart sharing here Judy. Thank you precious friend. Love you!

Judy said...

Change...the inevitable. At times our lives change in the blink of an eye...a moment we never forget. But all those little changes just sneak up on us...and one day we realize how different things are from how they used to be. Those are the stories we can tell from our rocking chairs!

Great photos.

corners of my life said...

The floor of the metal bridge looks like a lovely vintage window. How cool.

p.s.phyllis sews said...

Changes will come amazingly quickly as you showed in your beautiful photographs but never without the permission of our Creator. I take great comfort in that because I am not always appreciative of the changes that do come!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails