Sunday, November 7, 2010

The last of our daughters is getting married.
A beautiful bridal shower was given to her last week.
Many personalities and talents went together to create a very special evening for her.
The delicious and artistically served food came from separate kitchens to be served on one dining room table for all of us to enjoy.
It was a memorable evening and for some reason I thought you might like seeing
a few of the pictures that were captured throughout the time spent together.The perfectly set table.
Bouquet arranged by my sister with flowers from Costco.

The hostess of the evening, my dear sister-in-law holding one of her hot appetizer specialties.
I admire her ability to organize and oversee many different events in life.


Another talented sister-in-law of mine holding a tray of fruit kabobs she painstakingly put together including tiny green ribbons tied at each end of the fruit. I can't imagine how long it took her to complete the job.


My youngest sister, the decorator. She took many pictures from my daughter's facebook pictures of her and her fiance', and copied them in sepia, decorated them and had them sitting on the table. It personalized the event and added a special touch.
My middle sister also helped with the food, but she has her son and daughter-in-law's
shower and wedding that she is involved with now. I look forward to helping all of these ladies with showers for their children in the future.


Plates of scrumptious tasting sandwiches.


My neice-in-law served tiny dishes of ice cream to all of the guests while the gifts were being opened. It was a special touch that I had not see done before at a bridal shower.


Little ice cream sundaes.



Tiny favors in green bags decorated and filled with the bride's favorite candies...Baskin Robbins hard candy cookies 'n cream.





The bride-to-be and part of her bridal party.
Girls that she loves dearly.

One of her high school friends who recently had her own wedding. Really, it seems like only yesterday that I was taking them on school field trips, assisting with sleep overs and taking prom pictures. I've said it before so often, but it all goes by so quickly.
The shower was a wonderful gift of love, time and creativity from so many of the people she loves.
Photos skillfully captured by our dear neice and future bridesmaid.

14 comments:

Rach said...

Very elegant! Looks like a wonderful event.

LisaShaw said...

I smiled through out this beautiful post of LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!

Thanks for sharing Judy! What a beautiful time for your family!

debi said...

Oh my, I remember how how felt when my last son married. It was bittersweet for me. I love being their Mom, though that never stops, I had to stop and take note they now have a place in an others heart as well.
Happy to report they still need me, rely on me and turn to me for counsel that a Mom can give. Amazing to watch them put their wives first in their day to day living.
Job will done Mom...moment of watching the fruits of our labor come in to full bloom.
Can't wait to see wedding photos!
Hugs <3

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Such a special occasion. Sweet to see your family all chipping in with their dishes and talents to make the day enjoyable for everyone that attended. A very exciting time for you all!

Lovella ♥ said...

Oh goodness Judy. .such lovely efforts for your daughter. Doesn't that just make you feel love then as well? The shower looks like it was just so much fun and I tucked away a few good ideas for future showers here.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Congratulations to all! Your sisters and nieces did a wonderful job making this a very special wedding shower for your daughter. The food and decorations look wonderful!

Miss Debbie said...

Such a special time... nothing quite like it! Enjoy every minute!

Tracy said...

Beautiful, beautiful photos, Judy! What a lovely and elegant shower. So many wonderful touches. What a special evening it must have been. So happy for your daughter and your son-in-law-to-be! = )

corners of my life said...

Martha Stewart could not have done it better. What a wonderful treat for you all.

lindsey said...

Looks like you had a great evening..what beautiful girls you have! I agree, the ice creams are a lovely touch.

Judy said...

What a fabulous looking shower! Every detail...so elegant. What a wonderful way to wish your daughter well as she prepares to be married. Thanks for sharing.

Connie said...

Your family events are truly a labor of love! You are blessed. So fun to see such a great family who loves each other!

Connie

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful shower! Everything looks so beautiful and the food so delicious. I love the idea of the minature sundays. I have never seen that before. I also like the pictures on the tables. How warm and thoughtful. You are very blessed to have such a warm and supportive family. I can see you gals know how to get things done :>)

Unknown said...

Mrs. Martin,
I really enjoy reading your blog. It is very inspiring. I love that your desire is to hostess and the fun ideas you have. I may be using those ideas for my own gatherings in the future! Thank you for sharing.

Julia Ressler

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails