Friday, June 26, 2009

Simple Ideas For July 4th



Here are a few ideas to add color and fun to any July 4th celebration. The first one is to take any tin cans...soup, mandarin orange, or whatever, and add a strip of red, white and blue ribbon. Glue ribbon where it comes together in the back. Add fresh flowers, a flag and some votive candles.



Let your grandchildren help make red and blue jello. You can put it in glass or clear plastic cups. Instantly adds the festive colors of this holiday, along with the Dollar Store star confetti and some American flags. I think a tray of these parfaits would add lots of festivity to a picnic table.


Grandchildren would love to help cut out these jiggler jello stars with cookie cutters. The directions are on the boxes of jello. Before you cut out the shapes you are to set pan in warm water. I left the pan in to long due to a distraction. The stars did not hold their shape like they usually do. I use these stars to decorate dinner platters or dessert platters. Sometimes I just fill a white platter with the stars and the children like eating them this way.


These packets of glow sticks, glow bracelets and glow balls have added fun to many of our celebrations. You can purchase them at the dollar stores for 1.00 a pack. Each pack has several pieces in it. We passed these out after dark, at our daughter's 16th birthday party and the kids loved them. My neices and nephews have fun with them whenever they visit. The glow in the dark pieces add a fun aspect to a celebration.


I found this photo in a past issue of Country Living Magazine, and thought it gave me another idea for simply adding color and pizazz to a July 4th celebration. It will be here before we know it so I decided to share these few simple, inexpensive ideas for celebrating a very special event in history. July 4th...a time to reflect on our freedom and those who valiantly fought and continue to fight to maintain it for each of us. Our freedom can never be taken for granted...now more than ever!

11 comments:

Blessings each day said...

Whar great ideas and great for everyone too. It makes a holiday so much more special.
I make a jello recipe that is called Broken Glass Pie, but to hold their shape I have to add less water...could that be why these didn't hold up? (Jello can be pretty fusssy though).

blessings and hugs,

marcy

Kathleen said...

A trip to your site is better than any Martha Stewart or "O" magazine! You are one amazing source of bountiful, if not beautiful. Thank you

My idea of a rip-snortin' 4th is to wear my red shirt (I'm not real fond of the color red).

Hugs,
Kathleen

Yolanda said...

I really like these ideas and like you I think of my husband as my best friend also.

Anonymous said...

Some simple but powerful ideas. Even I could do those. Not sure where we are celebrating yet. Hope it is a the daughter's house with the pool
QMM

Tracy said...

Couldn't agree more with Sassy Granny above! Visiting here is truly a daily treat! = ) Love these creative and affordable ideas! Definitely makes a holiday celebration more special and memorable.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Tracy

lindsey said...

I love your ideas. Of course we don't celebrate July 4th over here but I do get USA Country Living as well at the UK one and I love to see all the celebration ideas. Have a great time!

Melanie said...

'Love the little tin can of flowers!
Melanie@Bella~Mell

Dawn Marie said...

Hello! I'm hear from Connie's blog. What a great blog, I especially loved the puppy photos and the tea garden. What a great place to sit and enjoy good company, serene surroundings and good food.

Anonymous said...

I just love all of your wonderful ideas Judy! Don't you just love the Fourth of July!
What fun and festive ways to celebrate with the grandchildren. I hope you have a beautiful holiday!

cherry said...

Fantastic ideas...love the parfaits...one of my fave desserts. These are some of my fave combos. cherry

LisaShaw said...

I like that red and blue jello. Thanks for the tips Sweetie.

I've enjoyed my visit fully.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails