Monday, June 2, 2008

My Grandma's legacy lives on.

Grandma, This dish looks just like yours did, those many years ago. It is
amazing how one little box of " Danish pudding "can bring back a flood of memories. I remember the linens, the china and the crystal on your beautiful table. I remember the delicious food you served to your "bed and breakfast" guests each morning, and always with a warm ,gracious smile.
And yes, Grandma, I also remember that you would have me go out to your rose garden and pick some roses to grace the table as a centerpiece.
How did you do it all, Grandma? The farm, the gardens, the "bed and breakfast", the mounds of laundry each day, the meals, the canning of foods from your garden,and all with a song in your heart, at least that is what I remember. Thank you for life long lessons that you taught me, as a young teenage girl. And, tonight as I serve the strawberry "Danish pudding" to my family, I will once again, thank God for you. Judy


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails