Thursday, February 12, 2015


A few years ago, I came across a "Frozen Choc-Nut Banana Lollies" Recipe.  I tore it
out of the magazine(which I think was a "Country Living" Magazine), and recently
I tried it for the first time.  I know lots of little ones who like chocolate and bananas,
and thought they may like these.

I was happy that they turned out so well the first time I made them, and that they were quite
simple to make.  This tray goes back into the freezer until I am ready to share them.




Here is the recipe, just in case you have some extra bananas and milk chocolate on hand.

Frozen Choc-nut Bananas Lollies
Serves 4 Easy
Prep. 20 minutes  Cook 5 minutes plus freezing

4 ripe, but still firm bananas
8 oz. dark or milk chocolate
2 oz. butter
5 oz. toasted nuts (or as I used, my sister-in-law's "Cashew Crunch" recipe, which you can
find by typing it into the upper left hand search bar of this blog.

1.  Peel the bananas, then cut into wedges.  Push a cocktail stick(or I cut a wooden skewer
     in half) into each banana wedge.  Cover a freezer-proof tray with greaseproof paper
     and put the banana slices on top.  Cover and place tray in the freezer for 1 hour.

2.  Place the chocolate and the butter in a glass bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
     Make sure the bottom of the bowl does NOT touch the water, or the chocolate might
     seize.  Leave for about 5 minutes, until melted, then stir to combine. 
     Spread out the nuts(or cashew crunch) on a large tray or plate.
   
3.  Remove the bananas  from the freezer and dip them in the melted chocolate mixture
     until each chunk is completed covered( I used a spatula to help with this step). 
     Then quickly roll in the chopped nuts to cover.  Place the dipped bananas back on
     the tray and return to the freezer to harden, for about 30 minutes.



Just for fun, I decorated each banana piece with a Cherry JuJu Heart, that I sliced in half
with a sharp knife.  I like the bright red color for Valentine's Day.  They look nice on
cupcakes, or cookies, or even if you want to decorate a plate of eggs and toast at breakfast:)


The saved magazine page from years ago.


This is one of my new lunch choices lately.  Bananas wedges, a bit of White Chocolate
Peanut Butter, and a small amount of Cashew Crunch.  Oh my, it sure makes a good
tasting, healthy lunch!  I use a fork to dip the banana chunks into the peanut butter,
then into the crunch:)

 
Whether you like Valentine's Day or not, I wish you some moments of joy this weekend! 
I would like if  I could share one of these "chocolate banana lollies" with you.


The forecasters are calling for the coldest weather of the winter this weekend.  I hope
you all stay warm!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Those look delicious! I like all of those ingredients.....who wouldn't? Well, some goofy people don't like peanut butter but hubby and I both eat it by the spoonfuls. :)

Anneliese said...

Such fun ideas! I'm thinking I'd like to try rolling banana slices in peanut butter and rice krispies. I can imgine there will be some happy little people in your family when Valentines comes around, even if the forecast is for cold weather.

Kathleen said...

Oh snap! I just gained 8 pounds visiting here. Soooooo yummy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails