Monday, February 7, 2011


Sitting at my daughter and sil's kitchen table, I captured a world of colorful birds.  I was amazed at how many visited the little green birdfeeder just off their wooden deck.  Their uniqueness, vibrant colors, intricate details, gave me reason to take many pictures on a Saturday afternoon, a few weeks ago.

















Even in the bird world, each demand their own way.







A flurry of activity took place by the side of their deck on that cold, sunny, afternoon. I was surprised at how my simple camera lens could pick up many of their beautiful movements.  My mother would be so pleased that I am starting to show an interest in her little creatures:).

7 comments:

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Fantastic photos! I get so excited seeing the different birds at the feeder and you sure got to see many beautiful ones this day.

Miss Debbie said...

A popular feeder for sure! What a blessing to have so many pretty visitors!

lindsey said...

I could sit and watch the birds all day if given the chance! You certainly have some interesting birds over there, well done on capturing them with your camera...lovely photos!

Crickit said...

These are great photo's of the cute birds. We don't see that kind of variety in my neck of the woods! Beautiful...and thanks for sharing those pic's!

nancygrayce said...

I'm so glad I stopped by today. The pictures of the birds are great!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Oh how lucky to have such gorgeous birds stopping by to visit! What a beautiful sight! ♥

The Tiquehunters Wife said...

I loved the great shots you caught of these birds Judy! I especially like the one of the gray shooing the big Cardinal away and his reaction! We have so much snow up here on the Chatauqua Ridge in Western NY this year that all the birds have left for the valley neighborhoods. I only have a few Chickadees coming to my feeder, so few that I rarely have to fill it lately.
Beautiful captures!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails