Tuesday, January 11, 2011

 At your request, I will share some of the pictures that were so kindly and expertly captured for me by my dear sister, in the early afternoon hours before the 4:00pm wedding.  The wedding took place in our small country church, in the middle of farmland.  The day was cold, overcast, with light snow falling throughout the day.

The shoes she wore.  She found these at the mall a few weeks before and her aunt embellished them with rhinestone letters and snowflakes.  They fit her personality perfectly.




 The rhinestone tiara.  She always dreamed of wearing one of these at her wedding.

 The dress was the one she carried a picture of in her purse.  She saw it was on sale at one of the bridal's stores near our home.  The one remaining dress in the store, fit her perfectly without alterations.  She knew this was "her dress".


He is probably wondering, if she is really going to wear those shoes?


We laughed together.  We tried to keep the girls relaxed and occupied so that they would be ready to face the aisle ahead of them.


 Two black suits for two very special little guys...black converse sneakers included.

Two very special sisters to share in her wedding.  They helped her in so many ways, and she has learned so much from them over her years.

 


Bridal pictures were taken before the wedding.  The bride and groom did not see each other before the wedding.
Don't you love the little guy in the front?  He was so excited to be part of this wedding party...pillow pet included.

The tiniest guest at their wedding. 


The day we waited for is about to begin.  Tomorrow I will share some wedding pictures.  If you interested, you can stop by and visit.
Thank you for stopping by and for sharing in our special event.  Your visits and comments continually bless my life in many ways. 

21 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

Beautiful bride! Love that she wore those shoes and the little boys wore the black Converse! One of my DIL's wore cowboy boots under her dress!!! Can't wait to see more!

Debbie said...

What beautiful ladies and what a beautiful bride. Love the picture of the guys and the little guy is just sooooo sweet. He thinks he's so big! Looking forward to more pics.

Wanda said...

Beautiful. Breath-taking. Stunning. Striking. God-honoring. Love the pics! Keep them coming, beautiful Mother of the beautiful bride!

Happy@Home said...

Thank you for sharing your daughter's wedding with us!! I smiled all the way through this post. Those shoes are just adorable and what a smart girl to choose something cute and comfortable. Her tiara looks beautiful atop her gorgeous hair and the wedding dress really was waiting just for her and she looks stunning in it.
My goodness, Judy, you must be so proud and happy (& a bit tired too :). Beautiful photos of a beautiful family. My best wishes to the newlyweds.

debi said...

Judy she looked so beautiful, like a princess ! I love that she wore the tennis shoes our daughter did the same only they were high tops :-)

You too looked beautiful Mom....

Can't wait to see more!

Hugs

Rach said...

Such a pretty bride!

lindsey said...

Just as I knew they would be...beautiful. I love the shoes, how sensible to wear such comfortable foot wear and what an amazing dress...very similar style to my youngest daughters wedding dress. Cant wait till tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful bride and also mother of the bride! The brides dress is lovely and everyone looks great. I love the shoes :>) I wish you and your family every blessing posible this new year and always. Congratulations!!! Thanks for sharing.

Melinda said...

Love the shoes! How fun.
Great day for all but looks very relaxed too.

Melinda

Miss Debbie said...

Beautiful bride...beautiful mother of the bride! Looks like a wonderful day!

lglessner said...

Thanks for sharing!!! What a beautiful bride!!! Her sisters/Mom look good too!!! Can't believe little Kim is married!!! Loved the shoes...I wore sneakers too!!!

Brigitte said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful family on this special day! I so enjoy your blog! It makes my day to read your peaceful comments and see your lovely pictures.

Tracy said...

Oh Judy! How I loved seeing those photos! She's a lovely & radiant bride. Her shoes are so much fun! Your other two daughters look beautiful, as well. I especially love your dress...very elegant. The little ones are (as always) precious! Looking forward to seeing more photos! = )

Christine said...

What a wonderful wedding.
What a beautiful Bride.
What a happy family.


Love the shoes!

Barbara said...

Such a fun and beautiful event!
Everything had the "Judi" touch!
You didn't miss a trick!
Was priviliged to be a part of such a special occasion!
Love you all!

corners of my life said...

You are as pretty as the bride!

Sheryl said...

I am brought to tears by how much of life I have been missing out on. I did not even know that there was going to be a wedding and now I see the pictures. My apologies for being gone so long. My congratulations to you...you have raised 3 amazing young women!!

BARBIE said...

She is a beautiful bride. I can't wait to see wedding pictures!

LisaShaw said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!! So happy for your family Judy!!! Blessings upon everyone!!!

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

Darling everything! loved it ALL!
I kind of laugh at all the brides who wear sneakers or rubber flip flops under their ball gown dresses. Four generations from now people will see these pictures and explain that great great grandma had bad feet and was kind of poor, so she had to wear sneakers to her wedding so she could still dance at the ball afterwards. The tiara was because she was one either a home coming queen or their was some distant royal family connection of which only fortune remaining was the tiara.
Isn't that how family legends get started: trying to explain a long past fashion element? (My own grandmother was photographed with a friend on the beach; both of them had woolen swim suits and huge fox stoles wrapped around their shoulders. What the heck was THAT fashion all about???)

Most brides don't know that the strapless ball gown was created so when the woman lifted her arms to embrace her partner for dancing, her dress straps would not bind on her shoulders as the evening wore on. I do hope this lovely bride enjoyed each and every dance with her new groom both now and in the future!

Kathleen said...

I've been through all the wedding segments, and now I'm heading back to look at that penguin again.

What a tender day; one crafted with all the primary elements of such a worthy celebration, but also a sweetness I rarely see at weddings.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails