Thursday, May 28, 2009

"Dairy Queen" Fun


They are only now discovering the magical joy of a custard ice cream cone and it has opened up a whole new world to them. The afternoon at the playground was lots of fun. The swinging, the sliding, the climbing and the running wore them out. We stopped at the Dairy Queen for a quick lunch before nap time. Then of course there was time for the tiny ice cream cones after lunch. What a hit!! It is universal...the ice cream cone has been a hit with children for many years.



She could not believe that she had her very own cone, and no one seemed bothered that she made a mess eating it. This all seemed too good to be true in her mind.



Even the youngest one caught on quickly. When mommy would get preoccupied...she would be quick to remind her that she wanted more. Special memories created on a warm Spring afternoon. Thank you DQ for continuing your tradition of bringing happiness to children and adults alike.

11 comments:

LisaShaw said...

I love the family photos and sharing. Aww refreshing!

Love you.

Stacey said...

What a fun tradition to introduce them to. Sadly our DQs are all gone. I could use a Dilly bar today. :)

Judy said...

Gotta love DQ...at any age...but kids and cones are the best!

I have an ice-cream cone post all ready to go...am waiting for a nice hot day to post.

Sheryl said...

sweet pictures! how fun to be able to share that with them.

if you know me...my addiction is the blizzard. love 'em!

Anonymous said...

I love the feeling I get watching you with your children. This kid still likes ice cream cones too.
Blessing to you MOM and family.
QMM

Happy@Home said...

Aww, such sweet pictures. It doesn't get any better than a trip to DQ for a simple spring pleasure.

Blessings each day said...

Sometimes it's just the little sweet things in life that give the biggest blessings.

They are too cute!

blessings,

marcy

Kathleen said...

Hello there. I just had to come see the "Judy" that my e-buddy, Lisa Shaw has raved about. I'm so glad I did. I can tell right now you're my kinda girl ... family, kitchens, food, nature. But most important, the Lord!

I'll be back.

Be blessed,
Kathleen

Anonymous said...

Hi Judy, You take such great photos! Your grandchildren are just adorable ♥ Our DQ is in the process of getting ready to open again. I can't wait to take my grandchildren there. Even little Charli loves ice cream. Of course she only gets one spoon full LOL It sounds like you have had a wonderful day ♥

ajwatson722 said...

Aw, Mom...this looks like so much fun! I'm sure the kids loved it!:) Thanks for posting the pics! love you!

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

I SO love seeing photo's of your precious family!!!

And..DQ..how could you go wrong!

Have an AMAZING weekend. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails