Wednesday, September 25, 2013

 



A Pinterest find to share with you.  A "peaceful morning with coffee" is what I pray for you today, no
matter what you face in the day ahead.   My sister sent this to me the other day and I wanted to share it with you.




I also want to share my finds from last week.  The little glass tray with the salt, pepper, sugar, and pitcher are what I found at a local consignment shop.  I needed salt and pepper shakers and thought this combination would work.  I also found this old coffee jar at an antique mall I visited.  I thought
the lid was unique with the "viewing glass" on the lid.




It states that it was approved by the Good Housekeeping Institute.
The simple glass vignette, along with the pumpkin planter, bring
a fun change to my kitchen counter.





We were going to visit one of my husband's friends who recently
was discharged from the hospital.   I wanted to take some
cookies along for him and his wife, but once again, my time was limited.
I took my trusty refrigerated container of cookie dough from the
refrigerator.  I put some of the dough into two separate bowls.
 
 


To one of the bowls of dough I added 3/4 cup of Heath English Toffee Bits and stirred them
into the dough, and then baked them as instructed.



One can't really call these homemade cookies, but they seem to be a hit when I bake them.

In the other bowl, I put more of the cookie dough and then added 3/4 cup of chopped Andes Mints, stirred them into the batter and baked as instructed.  My husband could not decide which ones he
liked the best.  My kitchen smelled so good while the cookies were baking.


 

I put them in different plastic containers so as not to mix the flavors. 





Added a touch of fall to each of the containers.  One for last evening and one
to drop off for a friend today.
Simple ways to add my own touch to some already delicious cookie
batter.
After all, it is not the gift but the thought that counts.
We both came away from our visit with his friends, thankful for the two of them, and
yet sad for this painful time in their lives.
 
"Peace in your morning", coffee, cookies, and the fall season of the year are what make up
this "little something for you"
 
Oh, and one more thing to share.  This was the sunset we viewed as
we drove to his friend's home.
 
It was God's gift to us and it was far better than any chocolate chip
cookies:)



One more thing I would like to leave you with;
 
If you have time and want to read a powerful and yet grace filled post, about a friend's
journey with cancer, you can visit ... www.privetandholly.com/
It left me in tears and yet, it was most beautifully shared. 
I would love to be able to express my heart like this blogger
so skillfully does on her blog...every post.
 
Thank you for stopping by.

6 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

Judy, God does make the best gifts doesn't he? I love your cookie batter idea. I have never thought of adding into different variations to a bucket of dough. I like that!
That little tray is darling and so is that coffee jar. Great finds!

debi said...

Love the counter top decor :-) Great ideas for the cookies, made we want one with my morning coffee!

Pray hubby's friend is improving everyday...beautiful sunset provided by God to you.

Hugs!!

lindsey said...

Such a lovely post Judy. I always enjoy seeing the thoughtful gifts you. Ske for your friends and this one is just perfect!

Judy said...

Yes, God does give us the best gifts. Love that sunset! And thanks for continuing to inspire us with your neat ideas...for gift-giving and decorating.

Oh...so touching...the story of another battle with cancer.

Privet and Holly said...

Judy, you have such a
kind and caring heart
and it shines through
in every post. I can only
imagine the blessing that
you are to all of your friends,
including the ones that
you brought the yummy
cookies to. Love the gift
of the sunset, too!

Thank you for mentioning
my blog post. I am very
touched that it touched you,
as well.

xo Suzanne

PS: Love the sweet tray. I
corral all kinds of goodies
on my counter, this way....

corners of my life said...

You can never go wrong with a post that starts with coffee . . .

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails