Saturday, May 31, 2008

What does one do on a rainy Saturday afternoon when your visiting grandchildren ,are taking a nap? Well, I decided to bake some bread to put in the freezer for us to eat later, for hostess gifts and some for my dear friend who just had surgery on Thursday. I picked up my trusty "Taste of Home's Fast Fixes with Mixes" book and found one of my favorites from Jean Switzer of Pauline, South Carolina. It is her "pecan poppy seed loaves" recipe. Thank you Jean. It is delicious! Although, today I used the instant lemon pudding and chopped macadamia nuts instead of pecans. And then as I so often do, I used my empty tomato paste cans to bake the bread in. When the bread is finished baking and has cooled off, I hot glue a ribbon around each can, cover tightly with plastic wrap and put in the freezer, all ready to grab if I need a quick gift.
When it is thawed, I set it in a clear cellophane bag, tie with a ribbon, add a premade card, and I am ready to go. If I am serving it in my home, I slice it and serve it with "Duncan Hines Whipped Cream Cheese" frosting. It is a fresh and moist bread to serve anytime...especially with a hot cup of coffee.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails