Sunday, September 28, 2014

 


Don't we all need to take more time to see the beauty around us?  It seems to me, that my focus
needs to be readjusted constantly.

"The miracles of nature, do not seem miracles because they are so common. If no one
had ever seen a flower, even a dandelion would be the most startling event in the world."
~author unknown

 
Fortunately, nature has been putting on some of it's loveliest displays this past week.  Yesterday I visited another small, yet thriving country greenhouse. I captured the brilliant colors and textures of it all...including the one last rose of summer.


There is not much in the realm of "beauty" in world news lately.  How easy it is to focus on the "ugly" in it all. 
 
Fear seems to be front and center lately, causing one's hearts to feel unsettled and somewhat
disturbed.


When fear captures my heart, I find myself going to the book of Psalms.
There I read this verse..."The Lord is my light and my salvation-whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the STRONGHOLD of my life-of whom shall I be afraid?"  Psalms 27:1
A "stronghold" seems to be more than sufficient to me, especially in light of
the sights I took in during our recent cycle trip.


Blessings to each one of you!  Your visits, too, mean so much to me.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Beautiful. ♥

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

I love this Judy. The Psalms are a 'go to' for me too. So glad to catch up with you tonight, I've been a little lax on my visits in blogland recently... it's always a real treat to come over here. Your ideas and recipes are special. But your sweet heart is the best of all!! :)

Judy said...

God's word combats fear. What precious verses!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails