Wednesday, March 9, 2011


What is one to do with stacks of outdated magazines with lots of outstanding photography on their pages, when one is on a cleaning, organizing binge in one's home?  When some of the pictures and articles are too pretty or too intersting to dispose of?
I go through the magazines and cut out the pictures and articles I want and store them in an old basket.  When I need a gift bag or if I need a special card, I go to my desk drawer and remove either a brown or white plain gift bag, or my stack of plain white cards. 
This bag was created for a friend's 50th birthday, with one of the magazine pictures and a few stickers.
Simple, quick, very inexpensive idea to use in dressing up a gift.




Here are a few of the pictures that I cut out.  They are in storage for whatever reasons I may need them.




See why I could not get rid of them?  I only wish I would have taken them with my camera.  Most of them come from past issues of Country Living, British Edition and past issues of Victoria Magazine.



Simple violets in a jar...how pretty!




Here is a card I created with one of the pictures.  I added some fancy corner stickers and a touch of glitter different places.  A very inexpensive card, but a fun way to share sentiments or thoughts with friends.




Springtime is on the way.  Soon we will all be sharing pictures like these from our own flower beds...maybe (never sure of it with my lack of gardening skills, but maybe).

9 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I am a magazine hound so I have a large collection of wonderful magazines i have had not had the heart to throw away, Judy. I like your idea very much and I think I will do this too in the future! It's a nice way to recycle them and their beautiful photos.

lindsey said...

Another great idea Judy...I have so many old magazines around.
I cant wait for spring to arrive, we have had some lovely sunny days but still a bit of a chill in the air!

Judy said...

I always have a hard time parting with magazines, cards, calendars...so I welcome ideas of how to re-use the lovely pic's! Thanks.

Melinda said...

Cute ideas!
The rolls from the last post look delish!!!


Melinda

Miss Debbie said...

Another one of your great ideas! Be sure and drop by Thursday...I'm having a give away!

Crickit said...

Great idea! I absolutely LOVE it! I am sure the receiver of this gift bag thought so too! :)

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

I too love saving beautiful magazine photos and old greeting cards. I LOVE your creativity. That bag is gorgeous!

You inspire me to go forth and get out my container of pics and have some fun with them.....

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

What a perfect idea, Judy! I love it!

Jeane` said...

Thank you so much for the cozy looking picture you sent me (which I just received and opened from Curt's first run to the Post Office in days)...everything about it was wonderful. Thank you!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails