Wednesday, March 16, 2011



"To invite a person into your house is to take charge of his happiness for as long as he is under your roof."  ~Brillat-Savarin

"I might understand all mysteries, have all knowledge and all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and might bestow all my goods to feed the poor,  but if I don't have love, I have nothing."  ~I Cor. 13





Table set for dinner in my kitchen last summer.  Flowers from my friend's garden.  Memories of our time together, still priceless.

"Search for happiness and you may never find it, but help others find it and you shall be truly happy.  ~author unknown

"Use a person's first name often.  It makes people feel acknowledged, and it is one big thing in the world that is truly theirs."  ~the Innkeeper at Willow Brook Inn

I will close this post with a another hint I learned from an innkeeper, "If you bake apples on a tray in a slow oven for the afternoon, by the time guests arrive, your whole house will bear the natural scent of a comforting welcome."  It works!  I add a touch of cinnamon and vanilla.  Try it and see if you agree, even if you invite friends in for coffee and cookies.

5 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Wonderful tips, Judy! My daughter worked as a real estate broker when she was in college and she often told people to bake cookies before a house showing so that their house would smell like a friendly home. It often worked to help sell a house!

Happy St. Patrick's Day -- a day early! :)

♣ Pat ♣

Kathleen said...

Love the quotes. They are just so you!

I'm going to practice my "Judy's Somethin's" when at long last I'm settled again :)

Hugs,
Kathleen

Judy said...

Great 'hospitality' tips! It's not about entertaining guests...but about taking people into your home and showing them God's love. Thanks for showing us ways in which this can be done.

lindsey said...

Thanks for the quotes Judy, I have enjoyed them. I ike the idea of apples in the oven too...an especially good idea for people with Aga ovens that are on all the time.
Such pretty flowers too....giving us a glimpse of summer!

Crickit said...

I love your new header! Really cute! I am going to try slow baking some apples...who doesn't like the smell of apples and cinnamon? :) Thanks for the tip.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails