Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Needed a "thank you" gift for someone.
Pulled out a pack of my trusty Crescent Big & Flaky rolls.



Rolled out the dough on parchement paper laid out on my kitchen counter.
Spread the surface with softened butter.
Mixed 1/3 cup of sugar with 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, added 2 tablespoons of crushed vanilla wafers, and 1/4 cup of chopped pecans. Spread the mixture over the buttered surface.



With parchment paper, I rolled the dough up horizontally.  Sliced into 1 inch slices.





Put each slice into sprayed muffin tin.  Makes 9 rolls.  Bake in 350 degree oven for 18 minutes or until lightly browned on top.  Remove from oven and place on wire rack until cooled.



In small bowl, place 1 cup 10x sugar, 1 TB of fresh lemon juice and 2 tsp. of water.  Whip together until it is the consistency to be able to drizzle.  Can add a bit more water if necessary.  Drizzle over cooled rolls.



Place on any plate of your choosing. I purchase pretty plates from the clearance shelves of stores and keep them on hand for when I need them.  This one is from Pier One.  Cover with plastic wrap.




If desired, wrap a new tea towel around the covered muffins.  A quick, easy, inexpensive gift, especially if the recipient is a "lemon lover".  Just a little something for you from my kitchen.

13 comments:

Judy said...

What a lovely looking package...and yummy too, I'm sure! Thanks for sharing your great ideas.

Debbie said...

Are they really 50% bigger? That means bigger rolls! And yours look wonderful. What a nice gift!If I was your friend or neighbor, I'd be doin you favors all the time!

Miss Debbie said...

Lovely gift. Funny, I made
"mini-cinis" this past weekend using regular crescent rolls, butter, brown sugar and cinnamon, and confectioner's sugar frosting.I took pictures and considered posting about them, but never did. We are thinking alike it seems! Only I didn't give minw away...I ate them!! :-)

Miss Debbie said...

oops..I meant "mine"!

Pam Traskos said...

Ooh yummy! Love the tea-towel wrapping, how clever. Thanks Judy for the sweet comments you left me, you made my day! Hugs!

Kathleen said...

You're simply amazing. What I want to know is: How do you stay so small with all these goodies around? I'd be doing the "one for you; two for me" math as I readied the gift plate. Come to think of it, I just gained 2 pounds merely reading about these yummies.

Love your little somthings ...

Kathleen

Christine said...

PERFECT!
Your timing is impeccable.
thanks...

Happy@Home said...

You sure do have a gift for taking an ordinary can of rolls and turning them into something beautiful and delicious. The tea towel is the perfect finishing touch.

lindsey said...

Brilliant idea! What is that stuff? is it the dough that cinnamon rolls are made from? I love those...but we dont get that stuff over here :( WE do however have really nice cinnamon rolls in our local supermarket :)
I am sure anyone would love to receive a gift like this such a clever thought!

Crickit said...

These look wonderful! What a great gift for someone special. Thanks so much for sharing this! :)

Kim said...

Another great idea of yours ~ I think it would be great if you posted something like this once a week. The ideas seem simple enough for "the rest of us" and make me want to go out and hunt for a reason to thank someone!

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

What a wonderful idea!!

You never cease to amaze me with your talent and creativity!!I just know that whomever you bless with this gift...with be thrilled!!! :-)

Praying you are having a WONDERFUL week!

corners of my life said...

What a charming thank you gift. Your lemon loving friend is very lucky.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails