Sunday, March 6, 2011



This month I am about to enter another year of my life.  Oh, my birthday is not until the end of this month, but Spring and my birthday always come around the same time.  It represents an ushering in, of sorts, for a new season for the year and for me.  I read a quote recently that said, "If things get better with age, then I am approaching Magnificent." 




On Saturday morning some of my girls treated me to an early birthday breakfast at a local restaurant.  Two of my daughters and their daughters, spent a rare and fun few hours eating breakfast together. 




My middle daughter and her little one were in the area for a brief amount of time adding to the "specialness" of the morning. Unfortunately, my youngest newly married daughter lives too far away to join in the celebration. 




Quite honestly, I can't tell you how it feels for me to be in this position of life.  How did I get here?  How is it that I am "Maw Maw" to these little ones?  It just does not seem possible to me and yet it happened.  I never took classes for this role, or spent hours observing how it is done.  It is the first time for them and for me.  I love it, and I think they do too no matter what their little faces show:)

"Come, Grandma, walk with me...help me to be the best kid I can be.  Take me here and take me there...show me now how much you care.  The many hours we share together...will be the times I'll remember forever."  ~author unknown

11 comments:

Shelley said...

Oh Judy - that grandma quote put tears in my eyes! I'll need to share that w/ my mom as my sister gave her her 1st grandchild 9 months ago. Spring is bringing good things - happy early birthday to a beautiful lady!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Not sure how the time passed so quickly either but those sweet children and grandchildren help lots with the aging process.

Your family photos are precious. Sending happy birthday wishes as springtime and your birthday approaches.

Debbie said...

Are you sure you're a grandma? You look too young to be a grandma. I am lookin pretty darn old and I'm not a grandma. Guess looks don't produce grandchildren, or I'd have several and you'd, well, we won't go there! HAHA! Deb

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I think this is one of the loveliest times of life, Judy, as we get to see the fruit of our lives prosper snd multiply. It is so nice to see your daughters treating you to an early birthday celebration!

BARBIE said...

Time does seem to be going by so quickly. I do not have grandchildren yet. But one day soon. Moments spent with those we love are the best.

Melinda said...

Enjoy!!!

Melinda

lindsey said...

Lovely post Judy and that quote is beautiful I have saved it. I love how your life so mirrors mine, same age kids and grandchildren.

You will have a wonderful birthday I am sure...and yes I agree 'How did we get here?'

Crickit said...

What a wonderful post! I love the quote at the bottom. God has truly blessed you in your role of "Maw-Maw"!

Judy said...

Lovely post...one I can so identify with!

Kathleen said...

Looks to me like you're fully refreshed from your weekend Grandma-duty last week?!!

I couldn't help but think how lovely are ALL the girls in your photo line up. You look like you could be your daughters' sister, not their mother!

Now I have a new reason to celebrate spring: It's Judy's birthday - - woohoo!!!

Kathleen

LisaShaw said...

Precious Judy,

Thank you for all of your prayers. I'm trying to do a little visiting today as I'm not online often at all and probably won't return to the schedule I had. I'm so thankful I was able to drop in today. I was reading through a few of your posts...I came upon this one and had to stop to say have a beautiful Birthday and... your family is so precious as you know. Loved the photos!

I also wanted to share with you that two long time prayers of almost 5 years has been answered...K and D were married Feb. 16th and they are relocating here April 1st to live with our Grand girls. They will be with us for about 2 months and then their own place. In all of what's been happening medically since end of Dec. I can say that these two answered prayers makes it ALL worthwhile! GOD IS FAITHFUL!

I love you friend and I appreciate you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails