Wednesday, August 10, 2011



Today's simple, "before and after" pictures.  Last evening, the clean jars sat on the counter waiting to be filled.




Finally, filled with fresh peach puree' to be frozen for the coming winter.  I enjoy the taste of fresh peaches throughout the year.  I also made peach jelly and finished late in the evening.




The collection of old bottles that sits on the wooden shelf throughout the year. 





Adding fresh flowers in the bottles makes me happy when I walk into my house.  Yesterday I added some of my roses.




Here is the most vast difference in my "before and after" pictures.  Before haircuts...



...after haircuts (two pictures taken two weeks apart from each other).  I can't believe how much older they look with the haircuts, although it is not any easier to tell them apart.

Wishing you joy in your day today!

6 comments:

Becky K. said...

I love each before and after. The bottles are pretty without the flowers but are stunning with the roses.

The little haircuts are adorable. Love the way it makes them look so grown up all of a sudden.

Judy said...

Oh my goodness...the sweet cherubs grew up overnight! I hope mommy kept the curls...as a memento.

I like your 'before~after' photo documentary. You have a way of using jars and bottles. I always think of you when I use antique salt shakers as vases.

Melinda said...

What a difference the haircuts are. I am not sure that I would recognize them as the same children. :)

Melinda

Marian said...

May I ask what you do with your peach puree?
Is it canned, or are you simply putting the jars in the freezer?

Just a little something from Judy said...

Marian, I peal the peaches and put them in a big bowl. I take my potatoe masher and mash them, leaving some small pieces in the process. I add sugar to taste and stir until thoroughly mixed. I spoon it into the pint jars and freeze. When ready to use, I thaw it and serve over vanilla ice cream. It really does taste like fresh peaches no matter when it is served. I've been doing this for many years, and everyone seems to enjoy it.

Happy@Home said...

Wonderful before and afters. You were a busy lady, but I can only imagine how divine those peaches will taste when the snow is flying outside.
The bottles are so pretty lined up on your shelf and the roses really take them up a notch.
The most dramatic before and after, of course, are your dear little grandsons. Amazing. They look so different now and very grown up. So cute.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails