Wednesday, August 3, 2011



Hello dear blogging friends!  I know I have not posted for a while.  I've thought about posting many times in the last week but let me tell you, not a thing came to my mind.  It could be writer's block, it could be overload on my brain, it could be summer doldrums, it could be many things, but I was unable to share anything with you, so the brown and white horse kept it's place of prominence on my blog.  Sorry.

I did discover a fun find at the grocery store a few weeks ago. 





An old brand of cones, but they added new "kid size" cones.  Tiny cones that are fun to fill with ice cream, using a melon baller.




These tiny cones provide a perfect summer treat without lots of sugar, which makes happy moms and grandmas.





We tried "neopolitan" flavored ice cream.  I filled them ahead of time, covered with plastic wrap, and froze until ready to serve.





For the youngest one of our family, it was the first introduction of her own hand held, tiny ice cream cone.    She studied it, and than took the first bite.




The "cold" wasn't to her liking at first, obviously:)  That soon changed and then we could not get it away from her. 





It has now become the bedtime treat of choice when the older ones stay overnight.  For an extra special treat, I dipped their cones in "Magic Shell" chocolate, just like we used to have as a treat, during my school days.  Do you remember Dairy Queen cones that were dipped in chocolate?






That is it for today, my friends.  I close with this sweet picture of my little granddaughter's thrilled expression, upon discovering her own pair of goggles to wear, last evening at her great aunt's pool.  Never mind that she has them on upside down.  Hope it brings you a smile today.

8 comments:

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

I am smiling as the photos are so precious. Love the first reaction ot the cold ice-cream and the one with the goggles is adorable :)

Judy said...

Cute...the goggled grand-girlie and the one sampling ice-cream for the first time! Love those mini cones.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Judy!
It's been a while since I've visited. I'm sure summer has us all a little tired from the heat and the longer days. Your grand children are all getting so big and are so adorable.
Enjoy your times with them!
Hugs, Pat

Christine said...

Just to let you know, your posts always leave me with a simle.
Your grandchildren are so cute.

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

Must find mini cones! Want mini people to share them too! I think I can find the cones, the little folks might be a challenge.

Debbie said...

We (my grands and I) have discovered those perfect little cones too...soo good. Your pics are darling, and the goggle pic? priceless! : )

Kim said...

I love the mini cone idea and will have to look for them at the store next time I am there. Thanks for sharing, yet another great tip.

Terri said...

My favorite part of this post was the last pic of your little grand-cherub with pink RUFFLED swimmies! So cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails