Thursday, August 4, 2011





Another bouquet from the roadside stand.  Love these fresh flowers on my kitchen table during the summer months.





I want to share this simple, yet so delicious salmon dinner.  The recipe was one my daughter shared with me and together we prepared this dinner, on Wednesday evening.  The salmon, the" 90 second", Uncle Ben's rice packages and the steamed fresh broccoli, was prepared and ready to eat in a short amount of time.  We served the dinner with cole slaw too.  Excellent dinner choice, and I know I will be making it again soon.  I am sharing the recipe with you, in case you are ready to try a new way to prepare salmon;


Panko-Crusted Salmon


Ingredients:

2/3 cup panko

2 Tbsp. finely minced fresh parsley

1 tsp. lemon zest

1/2 tsp. kosher salt (Judy's note: I found it to be salty enough without the added salt, so I would suggest omitting this)

1/2 tsp. ground black pepper

3-4 Tbsp. olive oil, divided

4 (6-8oz) salmon fillets, skin on

2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard

Lemon wedges, for serving



Directions:

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees farenheit. In a small bowl, combine the panko, parsley, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and toss with a fork until the crumbs are evenly coated; set aside.

Place the salmon fillets skin side down on a work surface. Generously brush the top of each fillet with the mustard and then season with salt and pepper (Judy's note: again, I would omit the salt). Press the panko mixture thickly on top of the mustard on each fillet to help the panko adhere.

Heat the remaining olive oil over medium-high heat in a 12-inch oven safe skillet. When the oil is hot, add the salmon fillets, skin side down, and sear for 3-4 minutes without turning to brown the skin. (If you don't want to eat the skin, this step also helps the skin stick to the pan so the fillets cn be easily removed without the skin later on.)

Transfer the pan to the preheated oven for 5-7 minutes, until salmon is almost cooked through and the panko is browned. Remove from the oven, cover with foil and let rest 5-10 minutes. Serve warm with fresh lemon wedges.

Source: "How Easy is That" by Ina Garten via Annies-eats.com





The two of us worked quickly, because you see, we had to prepare dinner in a record amount of time...





...in the next room, this is what was taking place.  Time was of the essence:)



13 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

Love the recipe but really love what was in the next room!!!

Shelley said...

Hi Judy - I've missed you! Glad I got to see photos of the little ones! Also, thank you for sharing that salmon recipe. I'm always broiling them and I need to do something different - greg is getting bored w/ it - lol!

lindsey said...

This looks yummy and yes I can see how you needed to get it done asap! I have just spent a week with my daughter and family and I can tell you there were lots of moments when food needed to be ready NOW!
You have very cute grandchildren all the same!

Miss Debbie said...

What an adorable and true to life photo! Loved the post about the horse. No surprise that they loved it and so kind of you to "stable" it! :-)

debi said...

Loved the photo of the little ones waiting for dinner :-)
Going to have to try that recipe...

Hugs!

Happy@Home said...

I'm so glad you shared this recipe as I was just mulling over the age old question of what to have for dinner tonight. Thank you for sharing this recipe as it looks delicious.
Your flowers are so pretty and the picture of you and your daughter is so pretty too. You both look so calm and collected. I would have never guessed what was taking place in the next room :).

Debbie said...

One of my very favorite meals is Salmon and this sounds delish! I will be trying it for sure. You and your daughter are just darling, and those grandbabies just precious! Have a good week-end!

Barb said...

Flowers and good food....what could be better? The little ones are so adorable.

Happy weekend, sweet girl.

Barb ♥

a woman who is said...

Your flowers caught my attention right away!!! The salmon looks delish. That is what I was preparing tonight. I might have to give that a go.

Last night I was cooking dinner with a houseful of company, and the only thing to do with the grand babies was let them stand at stools and "help" me cook while parents and family were visiting =) They were very good helpers!

momof3girls said...

I wish we still had flowers growing here in Oklahoma. With temperature at 114, not much is still alive. I am just focusing on keeping my bushes alive. I wish we had some pretty color dotting the landscape!!! Everything is sadly brown! (they have asked us to conserve water). I loved seeing your pretty pictures! I am going to have to try to make that salmon recipe.

LisaShaw said...

Aww, they are so precious!!! How cute! I know the two of you beautiful ladies had to get moving quickly to turn those tears to big laughter! :)

I have been enjoying the blessing, absolute blessing, of having our grandchildren, daughter and SIL living with us the last five months. They are moving out Sept. 1st but less than 10 minutes away! I'm so thankful to GOD for answering big prayer requests. Layla just turned 4 and Rhianna just turned 3. I ADORE them as you adore your precious grandchildren.

Adriana is leaving for college Aug. 20th and then we'll be empty nesters. Don't know how I feel about that :( but they all have to fly some day right?!

Love you friend! That dinner looks delicious!

corners of my life said...

The photo of your little ones is priceless. I am imagining a speech bubble abouve each one and what it might say.

Judy said...

I'm smiling at the three that are awaiting your return from dinner preparations. Too cute!

We've been enjoying salmon many ways this past while...and now I have another recipe to try. Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails