Tuesday, August 23, 2011



If you find yourself with a cup of coffee or tea one day...
If time is short and you want to whip up something good and simple to make in no time...
I might be able to help.
I found this recipe in a past copy of "Southern Lady" Magazine.  I made them a few times, and my testing committee has approved.
  Maybe you will too.









The only changes I made, was to use raisins instead of craisins, and I added 1 teaspoon of vanilla to the batter.




I bought the packs of "Apple Cinnamon" muffins at Walmart.  So inexpensive.




We like the taste of old fashion oats in our muffins.




I made these a few months ago.  They served as small gifts for each lady at a beautiful luncheon that I was blessed to attend.
The white paper bags were purchased in a huge pack from the grocery store and serve many purposes for me.






I dressed the bags up with a stamp, a dollar store sticker, and a touch of glitter.
Just in case you ever find yourself in need of quick, easy and delicious.
They do freeze well too.
Thanks for stopping by today.

7 comments:

Happy@Home said...

Mmm, your muffins do look so good. I love anything with an oatmeal streusel topping.
You have such an amazing ability to think of creative ideas to turn ordinary things into beautiful gifts. The ladies who received these special muffins were no doubt very happy.

lindsey said...

Lovely treats for your ladies, the bags are so pretty what a great idea!

Christine said...

You come up with the BEST recipes!
This is another one I will try.

Lovella ♥ said...

You really are an amazing gift giver. I have so enjoyed your peanut crunch candy and have looked through your beautiful family cookbook leisurely and will enjoy it yet some more. I'm anxious to try some of your family recipes.

I am wondering if you are feeling a little shaky too tonight? It's amazing now that I've met my dear friends how much more the earthquake in your region feels so scary to me too.

Just a little something from Judy said...

Lovella, Yes, it sure was the oddest feeling on a gorgeous, summer afternoon, to feel the earth truly moving under your feet. It took a few seconds to realize what was happening, but we quickly realized an earthquake was happening. Thanks for your kind comments. One never knows what a day will hold.

Diana Ferguson said...

I love those sacks, too. Don't they make the best little treat bags? Those turned out so cute....

Judy said...

Yummy looking muffins...thanks for sharing. And your way of presenting your gifts is always the best!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails