Monday, August 8, 2011



This evening we had a rare opportunity.  We attended a book signing for an unique, new cookbook titled "Mennonite Girls Can Cook".  Two of the beautiful, gracious women who helped create the cookbook were at our local bookstore for the signing.  I can't tell you how much those of us who attended the signing, enjoyed meeting them.   Most importantly, all author royalties will be donated to charity to feed hungry children.  Now how's that for a deal, a cookbook chocked full of delicious, tried and true recipes, with the proceeds going to a very special cause.  The concept proved to be an exciting adventure for all the girls involved.




How interesting, five of us from the East Coast meeting for the first time, the two of them from the west coast of Canada.  A few years ago I was introduced to some of these ladies, when I "accidently" came across their cooking blog.  This blog lead me to some of their individual blogs.  I enjoyed my visits so much, that I found myself going back quite often.   Tonight, it meant so much to have the privilege of personally meeting these wonderful girls.  Pictured above from left to right, my Aunt, Anneliese(one of the authors, me, Lovella, another one of the authors, and my Sister-in-Law.  We all laughed and talked like we had known each other for years.  What fun!







Adding to the joy of the signing, was the fact that my daughter and her good friend had the opportunity to join all of us,to get their cookbooks signed too.  Pictured above, from left to right, is my daughter's good friend, Jeane', Anneliese, Lovella, and my daughter, Jeane'.  On a side note, my daughter was named after her friend and that is why they share the same name.  Thanks to my daughter I have these great pictures.
If you would like to visit Anneliese's blog, you can find it at "foreverythingaseason.blogspot.com/"
or Lovella's blog at "lovella-at-home.blogspot.com/"
If you need some very good recipes, you can find them at "mennonitegirlscancook.blogspot.com/"
What fun for me to meet two bloggers in person, after knowing them only through blogland the last few years.  I only wish we all could have sat around a table and talk for hours.  Maybe someday:)

13 comments:

Stacey said...

I bet that was fun Judy. :) Whatcha gonna cook?

Judy said...

Oh...how fun is that! Just wish I could have been there too.

Just a little something from Judy said...

I wish that too, Judy. It would have been so much fun to have met you along with your friends. They did mention your name.

Becky K. said...

It was special, wasn't it? We were there at 6:30 and they were so warm and friendly even though they weren't set up yet. I must follow your blog....I'm glad for this opportunity to get to meet you.
Becky

Auntie S said...

so thankful you took up blogging!!finding these wonderful "sisters in the Lord":) I'm just excited to learn HOW to comment Auntie S

Auntie S said...

oh the blessing that would be missed had you not responded to THE NUDGE..loved meeting our sisters "in the lord" am also anxious to see if i learned HOW to respond

Jeane` said...

What fun! A night out with some very talented ladies!

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

I think both the authors and you have fun getting together. Can't say that of every book signing you go to!

Happy@Home said...

I so enjoyed reading this post. What a wonderful opportunity for you to meet 2 of the MGCC girls. I have been following the story of how they all came together and created this lovely cookbook. It is such a beautiful story and so heartwarming how the proceeds will go to feed hungry children.
Lovely photos of all of you.

Kathy said...

What a fun post! Wishing I could have been there as well. I know they will come home with so many wonderful stories of friends they have now met face to face. Fun times!

a woman who is said...

Oh you lucky gal! How fun that must have been. I love that you got to meet two of these amazing women in person. I have also been following their adventure.

Oh and I am on the jam wagon myself this week. I added some strawberries to my peach jam this time for fun. Miss Eden my helper thought it was delicious.

Beth said...

The recipes are amazing! My husband said the meatloaf today was the best he's ever had! The scrabbled eggs are wonderful too! Thanks for sharing the cookbook!

Anneliese said...

Judy it was soo nice to meet you (and your aunt, daughter and friend) and and I certainly want to visit you more often now! Thank you for coming and thank you for the yummy treat ... we enjoyed it while travelling. Love, Anneliese

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails