Tuesday, August 16, 2011



The farms in my part of the country are still producing beautiful bouquets of flowers and the prices are unbelievable.  My daughter dropped off this bouquet along with her children last week.  I think I get the best end of the deal.  I get to babysit, plus I get to have fresh flowers on my table.  Happy me!




I know that I did a previous post on plate communication creations.  A simple white plate, a stand to sit it on, and dry erase markers to write the message.  I have been sharing these as gifts lately and have been hearing that they are providing fun ways to communicate with those you love.  Recently, I purchased the above plate for 3.00 on the clearance shelf at Marshall's store.  The stand cost 6 or 7 dollars at Joann's Fabrics, the dry erase markers were 4 for a dollar at the Dollar Tree and the rub-ons were purchased at Michaels.




K&Company have so many beautiful sheets of rub-ons, and can be purchased at many craft stores.  The above sheet comes with colored rhinestones to stick on the rubbed on picture.




Here I rubbed on this Gerbera Daisy arrangement onto the corner of the white plate, with the included plastic stick.  I then placed the colored rhinestones on the center of a few of the flowers.





I wrote a message on the plate with the dry erase markers.  I think it would be nice to place this plate outside of a friend's back door, especially if you know they are going through a painful time in life. 





This plate I created for a friend's 50th birthday gift.  I used red poppy rub-ons and red lettering that was on the same sheet.  She placed it on her kitchen counter and now uses it as a message center for her family.  A simple, inexpensive white plate sitting on a black stand.  Messages like "I love you", "I am sorry", "You don't have to make dinner tonight, because I will"...any messages that a family wants to share.  The words can be wiped off easily with a damp papertowel, and new words written.






I have been experimenting with different ways to decorate the plates before giving them away.  I thought I would share a few of the ways with you. 
The above creation...white plate edged in black...1.00 at the Dollar Tree
black stand...6.00 at Joann's Fabrics
Real looking sunflower from craft store...3.00
I hot glued the flower stem to the side of the plate and tied a sheer ribbon to it. 
Now ready to write whatever words one wants to share.
That's it for today.  Once again, it truly is just "a little something for you"!

14 comments:

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Good morning, Dear Judy!

These plates are lovely! I think they are fabulous gifts! Thank you for sharing this wonderful idea and how-to!

Mammy said...

Beautiful idea. Loved visiting your blog this morning!

Lovella ♥ said...

Judy, I so enjoyed all the flowers in your area. My zinnias never did come up or were taken over by cosmos but the zinnias I saw on our trip were like bright gems. So fun and cheery.
I really enjoy your plate message idea and I've used it myself but never thought to give it as a gift. thanks for sharing.

Debbie said...

Such a cute idea! I love the poppy rub ons. You never run out of good ideas. I still think you should publish a little book of your ideas and let Jeanne' write her 'child years memoirs' between crafts!
:D

tootles said...

I love all your inexpensive, fun, creative ideas ! I have recently found your beautiful blog and have tried many of your fun, easy recipes.
Thanks again for some inspiration !

Love Being A Nonny said...

Love the fresh flowers! I treat myself to flowers from Costco every week. That $15.00 brightens my day!

MilandDil Designs said...

Very creative and I love white plates...so versatile for eating or decorating.

debi said...

Love this idea...going to have to copy :-)

Hugs!

Judy said...

I'm taking notes...and will see if I can find those 'rub-on's' next week when I am in the USA. Thanks for sharing your great ideas. I'm really good at 'borrowing' them...not so good at coming up with them all on my own!

I have used the plate messages in my own kitchen but never thought to give the whole 'package' as a gift. Brilliant!

Auntie S said...

judy, loved your plates AND i know 1st hand that stacy displays and uses hers proudly:). i,too enjoy those amazing bouquets from our local farm stands..happy day, auntie sharon

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

Judy:

You always make me smile. There is a grace in all you post that just feels like a warm fuzzy!! :)

I haven't been on blogs quite as much through the summer, but I have missed reading yours.

Tell me... at this point, have grandkids changed your life?? hey absolutely delight us, and I can feel the same from you when you speak of yours. Isn't it the best??

xo

Anneliese said...

Love this idea! You are so creative!

Crickit said...

Judy-

These plates are wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing them. I am sure each of the receivers of these plates was overjoyed to get them! :)

Great Gift Idea!

Tracy said...

Yet another great idea from you! (I can't believe that rectangular plate was only $3!) What a steal and what a perfect plate for this idea! I love the way you've embellished them. Looks like a great Christmas gift idea to me!

Thanks again!
Tracy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails