Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Welcome Daisies

This morning I picked the first daisies from my flower garden. It made me happy. I always liked daisies. I put them in a blue pottery pitcher and set it on my kitchen counter. From "theflowerexpert.com", I learned some interesting facts about these flowers;
~They convey cheer and exuberance.
~They are native to north and central Europe.
~They are simple and yet one of the most beautiful flowers in the floral world.



I decided to add a few of the delicate blue flowers from the pots on my porch. I think it I like them better this way.
A few more facts;
~The origin of the word daisy is Anglo Saxon, "daes eage" literally meaning "day's eye". It was called this because daisies opened at dawn, as the day is just beginning.
~Daisies symbolize innocence and purity. They symbolize new beginnings.




This is another simple and pretty way to display daisies.

~The flower meaning of daisy is "loyal love" and "I will never tell".



I thought this was a good idea for giving daisies to someone. It is from a page of "Country Living Magazine." Think how special one would feel to find this package at the back door.
Wishing you daisies and sunshine today(especially to you in the Northwest. I know you have been waiting for a long time for some sunny days).



16 comments:

Stacey said...

Good Morning Judy. :) The daisies are all so happy and pretty. I love the idea of leaving them on someone's door in a sweet bag. We have daisies growing in the woods right next to our house. 15 years ago when we moved in here we threw out a package of seeds. They just keep coming back year after year.

Debbie said...

Isn't it funny; as beautiful as they are and as much as I love flowers, I've never had luck with daisies! Maybe I'll try again with an approved one for my area:)
Debbie

Judy said...

Love your daisy bouquets, Judy. And thanks for brightening my day...and for thinking of us here in the Pacific Northwest where we have had grey days for a long time. The sunshine is on it's way...soon...we hope.

Kathleen said...

Daisies are the princesses among the flowers! How lovely.

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Hi Judy! I love daisies, too! And yours are beautiful! I'd have them all over my house if I could! :0)

I'm thrilled that you are going to join us Friday for the WEDDING BLOG PARTY. It will be so much fun to see what everyone shares!

See you then!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Stephanie said...

I love the daisies in the red bag! Very cute !!
Happy Summer !
Stephanie

Happy@Home said...

When I opened your blog today I had to pause and stare at the Morning Glories. I planted some seeds this year and they didn't grow, so I am enjoying yours. So pretty.
Now, onto those daisies...
I learned so many interesting things about them. The only thing I knew before reading your post is that they are such cheerful flowers.
Your arrangements are so pretty and of course, I really love your addition of the sweet blue flowers. I would never have thought to do that, but it is soo charming. I am always amazed at the creative ideas I pick up in blogland. Thank you for sharing this one.

Miss Debbie said...

You already know I love daisies! Lovely pictures! Interesting info about the "happy flower"!

corners of my life said...

Your flowers do convey cheer and exuberance. I also like the Morning Glories on your side post. A flower I long to have in our gardens . . .

Shelley said...

Daisies make me happy too! I love the tea cup idea! Judy, I cannot believe how many wonderful and creative decorating ideas you have! Wait a minute....yes I can!! :-)

Melinda said...

They are such happy looking flowers. Their sunny little face do make people smile.
Enjoy!

Melinda

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

What is it about daisies, but they make me break out in a smile, every time. And your photos were gorgeous!

Tracy said...

Beautiful daisies! They are such a charming and happy flower...one of my favorites. = )

Anonymous said...

Everything is so beautiful! I love daisies too. My gardens are full of them right now. They are the most happy little flower aren't they. I love how they seem to multiply without any help at all, Gods gift to us :>) I hope you have a lovely day.

Crickit said...

The daisies are very pretty, as are the morning glories...Beautiful!

Lovella ♥ said...

Daisies and Lobelia. .a perfect match and I agree a wonderful brightener for the day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails