Saturday, June 5, 2010


My early Saturday morning recipe for a "happy husband".
Only day of the week that this happening takes place.
A simple recipe. Doesn't require much time or expense.
Might not work for you...but, guaranteed it always works for me:)
Yes...that is a bit of melted butter on top of the toast...Paula's recommendation.




One scrumptious loaf of my daughter's homemade wheat bread, sliced into three slices(not too thick). I use whatever bread I have on had, but lucky for me today I have her bread.


Into a bowl...2 cups of milk, 2 eggs, 1 TB. sugar, 1 tea. vanilla, 1/2 tea. cinnamon, a dash of nutmeg, and a dash of salt...whip with a wisk. Dip slices of bread into it and fry in a skillet on med. high. When browned on both sides, turn down heat and cook longer to make sure it is done in the middle. Put on plate.




Add sprinkled powdered sugar and a big strawberry because there has to be something healthy on this platter, and because I always find myself adding color to my food creations.




Right before serving add syrup. Today it is blueberry syrup...next time it will maple syrup.
I told you this was a simple recipe.
This recipe will make 8 slices of french toast.
There is certainly something interesting about how french toast = one happy guy. Works for me. Try it...might work for you too.

Rest of the week...it is back to granola with fresh fruit.

12 comments:

Susan said...

Looks scrumptious...Lucky guy!
Blessings!

LisaShaw said...

Oh my! Hubby and I would enjoy this too. Be right over. I'll bring the coffee!

Enjoy yourselves and your breakfast. Love you!

lindsey said...

YUM!!!!! what more can I say? Have a great weekend!

Stacey said...

That sounds like the perfect way to begin a Saturday. :)

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

Yes, my hubby would love this, and so would his wife!! :)

Debbie said...

That is a great looking plate of french toast! No wonder he's happy:)
Debbie

Happy@Home said...

That recipe would make my husband happy too as he likes french toast. For some reason I never think to make it. I will have to try your recipe. Thanks for sharing.

Marty said...

French toast is one of my favorites. My hubby is not a breakfast person but I still make french toast for just me some days. I'm looking forward to trying this simple recipe.

Judy said...

That is Saturday morning breakfast at it's finest! A good way to start a day.

ajwatson722 said...

mmmm....your french toast is my favorite!!! Please make this next time I come home! My mouth is watering right now! Love you!

debi said...

So hard to diet and blog at the same time :-) Nuff said......

Anonymous said...

This sounds so good. I love french toast. My hubby would really like this too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails