Saturday, May 15, 2010


This is the scene that I observed one Saturday, a few weeks ago. I was sitting at my
kitchen table, and I watched this scenario happen. Thankfully, I had my camera sitting
nearby.
She approached this table, seemingly to recognize it for the first time.
She stood and studied the pictures before her.

Suddenly her little face lit up, and she had instant recognition...



She reached up and grabbed the magic picture...



Her little face was beaming as she pointed and voiced the words...Mommy.




She turned and saw Papaw, and ran carrying the picture over to him.
To all of you mommys out there...you have no idea what an important
role you playing in these little one's lives.
May this serve as a reminder to you. Through all of the unthanked and seemingly unnoticed
events of your days...you are making a huge impact, and you are loved immeasureably.


14 comments:

Christine said...

So glad you had your camera.
You captured the play by play.
And you are right, mommy's play are the major role model for little ones.
Perfect words and the pictures to go with them.

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Aw, that is so sweet!!

Judy said...

Most precious! And I love that you caught her in action.

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

What a great moment to capture! That will be a treasure for both she and her mommy always!

Your photos and beauty on this page are always such a welcome and soothing visit.

Hugs!

Sonja

Happy@Home said...

How wonderful that you had your camera nearby when this sweet moment happened.

Tracy said...

So very sweet! What a precious moment to have captured not only in your heart, but on film, too! What a wonderful and encouraging word to Moms this day. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Susan said...

Nobody loves you like your Mama!
Sweet post!
Blessings!

Kathleen said...

Oh my goodness. What a powerful & precious moment! Thankfully you captured it, and a mere 1,000 words couldn't aptly convey that little one's recognition.

Aren't wee ones amazing?

Hugs,
Kathleen

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

What a precious look on her face when she saw her Mommy's photo! It was so fortunate you had your camera nearby to capture this experience, Judy. I'm sure your daughter will love seeing these sweet photos!

Shelley said...

Judy - this brought tears to my eyes and a smile! What a sweet precious girl - and a wonderful moment you captured!!

Wanda said...

What a great time to have a camera nearby! YES! I really enjoyed this post...Okay I adore ALL your posts, but this was precious! Thanks for sharing and for letting us get a glimpse of the fun of grandparenting!

Anonymous said...

What a little sweet heart your granddaughter is. I loved this post. Mother's have such a huge responsibility but it is moments like those that make it all worth while.

Jeane` said...

It makes me happy she misses me when i'm gone (that's a good sign, right??). thanks for the post!

Landis said...

What a great observation! I love how you capture the small moments and turn them into big ones. We should all be required to do that everyday! :) Great post!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails